Catholic Diocese of Lodwar: Human Resource Officer
Reports to: Head of Human Resources
- The position exists to support Diocese of Lodwar (DOL) Secretariat through implementation of the determined Human Resource Policies and regulation so as to promote a great working environment.
HR Officer Job Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct and coordinate the HR management activities of DOL in order to maximize strategic use of human resources and maintain functions such as recruitment, selection, training, performance management, employee compensation, health & safety and staff policies.
- Work closely with Departments assisting Line Managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
- Ensure DOL Secretariat is adequately staffed at all times, liaise with Line Managers to ensure the right numbers, right skills and competencies are available in the short and long term.
- Directs and control support staff to ensure efficiency and alignment to the DOL strategies.
- Manage employee relations and effectively handle Staff Welfare matters.
- Administering payroll and maintaining employee records.
- Analyzing training needs in conjunction with Departmental Managers.
- Partner with other Departmental Heads, Principals and Administrators in driving a robust performance management process to enhance productivity within DOL.
- Coordinate disciplinary and grievance handling procedures and overall employee relations within DOL.
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the DOL.
- Monitor all aspects of Employment Law and similar statutory legislation and ensure compliance at DOL secretariat and all its affiliate institutions and special projects.
- Management reporting, leave and benefits management.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience for HR Officer Job
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management or any relevant field.
- Post graduate Diploma in Human Resources Management would be an added asset.
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing human capital.
- Should be a member of a recognized HR professional body.
- Strong interest and passion for personnel management and basic counseling skills.
- Good knowledge of payroll processing.
- Knowledge and experience of relevant labour laws.
- Managerial and Leadership skills, Training and/or experience in using Ms Word, Excel and other IT packages
- A good knowledge of the social teaching of the Catholic Church.
How to Apply
- If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application and detailed CV to reach us on or before Friday 20th May, 2016 by Noon.
- Mark CONFIDENTIAL Address to:-
- Head of Human Resources, Catholic Diocese of Lodwar, P.O. Box 101(30500) Lodwar.
- Hand deliveries to be dropped at the Reception at Catholic Diocese of Lodwar Offices St Mathews’ Admin Block.
Get professional cv and cover letter writing services to boost your application here : https://r4kenya.com/candidates/cv-writing/