Staff outsourcing is the practice of hiring a third party to perform certain tasks or provide certain services to a company. In a world that is breaking geographical barriers in search of the best talents, staff outsourcing in Kenya is gradually becoming a necessity amongst all types of organizations.
This article has everything you need to know about staff outsourcing in Kenya such as types, benefits, when to consider it, and who to contact for assistance.
Types of outsourcing
Staff outsourcing in Kenya can be classified in terms of strategy or the nature of tasks. In terms of strategy, staff outsourcing can be:
- Onshore outsourcing
This is contracting a provider based in Kenya. The main benefit of onshore outsourcing in Kenya is you can meet with the service provider if need be. This can eliminate a significant degree of worry in case of miscommunication, delays or where virtual communication is failing.
- Offshore outsourcing
This is contracting providers who are far away. One might wonder why a company in Kenya would source staff in far countries such as India, China, or USA in spite of the rising cases of unemployment. Offshore outsourcing enables employers to access talents that are not so developed in their countries or are expensive. Also, offshore outsourcing may be the cheaper if there are many restrictions and regulations towards hiring some experts.
The main challenges when it comes to offshore outsourcing are time and cultural differences. But after understanding operations in each region, everything can be run smoothly.
- Near outsourcing
This is contracting providers who are not so far away such as in neighbouring countries. It enables one to reap the benefits of both onshore and offshore outsourcing and reduce the disadvantages. For instance, if there are exceptional and cost-effective talents in Uganda, a company in Kenya may consider outsourcing. By doing so, the company accesses talents, saves costs, experiences minimal inconveniences due to time and cultural differences, and can enter the foreign markets easily.
Classification of staff outsourcing based on tasks includes:
- Professional outsourcing
This is seeking staff in specialized fields such as legal, software development, and accounting. Oftentimes, the tasks that fall in this category require licensing or many years of training. The main benefit of professional outsourcing is getting world-class expertise at a friendly price because you only pay for the service provided. You also do not have to worry about training costs.
- IT outsourcing
IT is an integral part of businesses today. As a result, many companies are contracting IT companies rather than establishing their own departments for development of apps and/or websites, network management, etc.
As the name suggests, multi-sourcing is contracting many providers. It is a practice that is gaining popularity especially amongst large organizations that want to leverage the best talents in the market.
While there are many benefits of working with diverse groups, there is a challenge of managing them especially if they are in different time zones, have different cultures, and roles are closely related. If for instance one provider makes a mistake and the task is passed to another, it may be hard to trace the error to its origin. While at it, there may be many cases of blaming amongst the providers, which can lower operational effectiveness. if you consider multi-sourcing, you should strive for understanding and cooperation. This article has additional points on how to make multi-sourcing work for your organization.
- Project outsourcing
This has become one of the most popular practices in the wake of the pandemic, particularly for virtual assistants and social media managers. It entails seeking staff to handle short-term projects such as revamping platforms, creating content, managing campaigns, and others.
- Process outsourcing
Process-specific outsourcing enables you to contract a provider for a specific service. There are three types of process-specific outsourcing.
- Knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) for improving products and/or services through thorough research and data analysis.
- Legal process outsourcing (LPO), which covers tasks such as litigation and regulatory compliance.
iii. Recruitment process outsourcing (RPO), which covers everything related to recruitment such as writing job descriptions, posting job vacancies, shortlisting, and evaluating candidates. As a leading recruitment agency in Kenya, we take pride in being able to handle all activities related to recruitment.
- Business operations outsourcing
Business operations outsourcing can be full, temporary, or targeted. It allows you to handle mundane business tasks such as customer service, scheduling, administration, and others. That way, you can focus on other more profitable activities.
- Manufacturing outsourcing
Manufacturing any product is labour and cost intensive. Nonetheless, manufacturing outsourcing has become a go-to strategy for small businesses that want to compete with large organizations or do not have the sources to handle the demands.
- HR outsourcing
A HR department is critical for every business. However, when you are caught up in other tasks, you can easily find yourself failing in some HR-related tasks. Outsourcing to R4Kenya will allow you to engage in other activities without worry, improve operational performance, accelerate some functions, eliminate risk of penalties due to non-compliance, gain market access through networks, improve credibility, help employees to carve strong career paths, and others.
A checklist to know if you should outsource staff
As with any business decision, you ought to understand your needs and weigh the benefits and the costs of outsourcing. Here are some concepts to consider:
- Do you want to minimize costs of maintaining staff or establishing new departments?
- Do you have insufficient room to accommodate new specialists?
- Do you have too many routine time-consuming tasks that are deviating you from core activities?
- Do you have short-term tasks?
- Have you have had great success working remotely?
- Do you want to diversify your talent pool?
- Have you lacked certain experts and the process of identifying them is long and tedious?
If any or all of these resonate with you, then you should consider outsourcing.
The benefits of outsourcing
- Saving costs- whether you look at it in terms of renting office space, establishing new departments, searching for talent, recruiting, or training, outsourcing will always be a cheap option.
- Global access to talents because restrictions are self-defined. With such, you can consider myriad factors that will help you to narrow down to the best candidates.
- Efficiency –Staff outsourcing is about contracting industry experts for crucial tasks.
- Faster hiring- nowadays, firms and individuals are focusing their efforts on their areas of specialty and joining niche organizations for easy tracking rather than being a jack of all trades. As a result, the hiring process is quick, which also means that projects can be handled immediately.
- Speedy adaptation to demands- workloads fluctuate all year long. When the demands are low, it does not make sense to fire some employees and rehire when needs arise. Staff outsourcing service in Kenya enables you to fill your work demands with the right people whenever you need them
Recours 4 Kenya offers the best staff outsourcing and management solutions for part-time, full-time, and project-based employees for all industries. Contact us for all the services.