Reporting to the GM Resolution Credit, the Business Development Officer will be instrumental in growing our loan book.
The role holder will be expected to build strong, lasting relationships and represent professionalism and reliability.
He/she should be a firm and persistent salesperson, selfled, organized, resourceful and constantly seeking to improve themselves.
Business Development Officer Job Key Responsibilities
- Generate loan sales to meet targets via sufficient aggressive closure of leads and referrals from established networks.
- Preparation and presentation of comprehensive, timely & reliable reports to provide information, aid in decision making and gauge performance of both the officer and the business
- Build and maintain strong and lasting relationships with individual and corporate customers and develop referral networks in order to locate more prospects for loans.
- Initiation of value addition partnerships for new and existing products.
- Meet potential borrowers, identify their needs and provide them with loan proposals that are value adding and commercially viable.
- Maintenance and growth of a healthy credit portfolio through prudent loan administration, management and compliance with policies, procedures and best practice, including:
- Ensuring loan applications, underwriting and disbursement comply with set credit administration standards,
- Proactively monitoring and reporting on portfolio repayments against target;
- Stay up to date with customers, updating records and identifying and handling potential problem areas
- Listen to customer needs and provide feedback and recommendations to the business to make it more responsive and competitive in the market
- Receive, record, and take action on customer feedback.
- Effectively network with the insurance sales team to generate and build IPF business.
- Go the “extra mile” to build trust relationships, customer loyalty and satisfaction throughout the underwriting process.
- Communicate with clients to request or to provide information.
- Develop referral networks, suggest alternate channels and crosssell products and services to accomplish quotas.
- Successful coordination of relationships with group staff and functions.
- Undertake Prequalification of borrowers; evaluate credit worthiness and process loan applications and documentation as per set policies
- Interview applicants to determine financial eligibility and feasibility of granting loans
- Determine all applicable rations and metrics and set up debt payment plans
- Justify decisions (approvals/rejections) and report on them
- Assist customers complete loan applications, loan contracts
- Familiarize customers on types of loans and other financial services; provide guidance on loan terms, policies and restrictions
- Capturing loan applications into IT systems
- Recording and handling complaints
- Ensure loan process adheres to process KPIs
Qualifications for the Business Development Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, marketing, commerce, economics or business administration.
- Professional banking or credit qualifications will be added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ experience selling loans or other service products.
- Experience in relationship management and resolving customer requests and queries.
- Familiarity with computers and credit/banking applications/software
- Solid analytical skills and understanding of credit appraisal, direct/indirect lending products and practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have strong communication and team building skills with ability to work with diverse teams.
- Customer satisfaction orientation and sales competencies, good understanding of prudent KYC guidelines.
How to Apply
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand, kindly visit our careers page on www.resolution.co.ke by Close of Business on Friday 10th March 201
Applications should be made strictly through the careers portal. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For professional CV writing and cover letter services to boost your application, click here