Organization Name: CWS
Job Title: Africa Regional Deployment Unit (ARDU) Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Programme Management
- This position is responsible for the management of the Africa Regional Deployment Unit (ARDU). This includes coordination with RSC Africa Programs division, BPRM Regional Refugee Coordinators and UNHCR to determine strategic use of deployments to increase referrals to the USRAP and address deferrals in Africa, as well as the management of staff assigned. The position is a member of the RSC Africa Leadership Team.
- This position supervises ARDU Supervisors, Experts and Specialists.
- This position reports directly to the ARDU Coordinator.
- Ensures all functions within the ARDU Department strictly adhere to the DOS/BPRM, UNHCR, CWS RSC Africa policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Reviews and monitors the implementation of the Memorandums of Understanding with UNHCR Regional bureaux.
- Ensures development, implementation, dissemination and monitoring of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for deployments and specifically ensures these remain up to date and adhered to.
- Conducts job function observations of ARDU staff to ensure compliance and identifies any areas of improvement or training needs.
- Conducts and participates in regular process reviews to compare requirements vs. outputs.
- Travels to field locations to monitor output, conduct performance evaluations and meet with partners.**
Data Management and Analysis
- Creates deployment projections in coordination with other Programs departments.**
- Develops and implements department specific pipeline analysis to inform workload projections and staffing and to anticipate future workloads.**
- Manages reports, including the communication systems and quality control checks that ensure accuracy and efficiency. **
- Ensures annual plan and strategic planning goals are met as communicated by the ARDU Coordinator.**
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with CWS RSC Africa’s implementing partners, including PRM and UNHCR.
- Ensures partner communication from the department is professional, timely and proactive.
- Represents organizational policies and culture to staff.
- Ensures the workforce is professional when representing CWS RSC Africa to refugees, partners, the funder and colleagues.
- Provides direct supervision and leadership to ARDU Supervisors and Specialists, including yearly performance evaluations, developing job descriptions, participating in hiring and coordinating leave.**
- Develops and implements training modules for ARDU staff, in coordination with the Training unit, and ensures that staff receive cross training on different aspects of refugee processing, and that they are monitored and evaluated.**
- Ensures that QCs are being conducted and feedback is being provided to staff. **
- Ensures coaching, mentoring, feedback and corrective action plans are being carried out where needed.**
- Ensures establishment of performance expectations and communication, on-boarding and training.**
- Travels to processing locations throughout the region to monitor teams and build partner relationships.**
- Evaluates and assesses training needs of ARDU and takes the lead in organizing and providing trainings on a regular basis.**
- Monitors staff time and attendance.**
- Monitors and ensure a safe, healthy and professional work environment.
- Ensures direct reports are accessing and using their benefits appropriately, including leave.
- Actively support staff by promoting safe space, open-door and the escalation policy.
and communicates clear expectations to staff to foster a predictable and consistent work environment.
- Ensures staff are safe in the field by coordinating with the CWS RSC Staff Security Coordinator and disseminating information related to safety to staff in the field.
- Ensures the deployment of ARDU staff and resources to ensure timely submission of cases, in coordination with Programs management.
- This position also undertakes other duties as assigned by CWS RSC Africa Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years of directly related experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 8 years of work experience.
- 3 years of direct supervisory experience is required.
- Previous program management experience required.
- Previous experience working with international organizations such as UNHCR required.
- Overseas processing or US refugee resettlement experience preferred.
- Previous experience conducting trainings or presentations preferred.
- Previous reporting and monitoring and evaluation experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the US Refugee Admissions Program
- Knowledge of International Refugee Law required
- Excellent English writing skills and clear communication style. secondary language skills such as French, Arabic and other African regional languages (other than Kiswahili) is preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills, in particular Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Sub-Saharan Africa refugee situations preferred.
The ARDU Manager must have the ability to:
- Represent CWS RSC Africa with partners;
travel in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Follow instructions with a positive and receptive attitude;
- Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
- Conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of CWS RSC Africa;
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of CWS RSC Africa;
- Take initiative in the development and completion of projects within the specified timeframe;
- Maintain strict confidentiality with CWS RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
- Manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- Work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation.
- Effectively manage CWS RSC Africa’s resources;
- If US passport holder, assist with collecting DNA; and
- Actively participate in the successful implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
How to Apply
- For more information and job application details, see; CWS Africa Regional Deployment Unit (ARDU) Manager Jobs in Kenya