Organization: Kempinski Hotels
Location: Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
Job Type: Regular
Job Level: Staff
Job Posting: Jun 14, 2019
Unposting Date: Jun 21, 2019
Job Number: 1900017P
Villa Rosa Kempinski is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city center, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa.
Assistant Human Resource Manager
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the Human Resources department in all administrative and other assigned areas.
- As a team Player, Assistant Human Resource Manager will support Director of Human Resources on the delivery of the ambitious business objectives of the hotel by locally delivering the strategic HR agenda focused on attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining talent, ensuring effective performance management, supporting organizational design and workforce planning, and ensuring efficient and compliant HR operations.
- Employment requests are acknowledged within 48 hours.
- Every applicant receives a personalized response to their application.
- Applicant correspondence is handled in a timely and professional manner and interviews are set up on behalf of management.
- Ensures that corporate and local policies & procedures are communicated and implemented.
- CVs are distributed to Heads of Department through Kempinki Employee Evolution Platform (KEEP) and followed-up on.
- Every applicant receives a final response to their employment request.
- All vacancies are posted on Kempinski Job Website Kempinki Employee Evolution Platform (KEEP).
- The hotel page of the recruitment web-site is up-to-date and well maintained.
- All new joiners are personally welcomed and necessary paperwork completed in an organized and efficient manner.
- New joiner starting dates are communicated and coordinated with the respective HODs and the Training department.
- Drive strong colleague engagement through employee communication and creative activities and events and ensure proactive follow up on engagement survey results and ongoing feedback, handle staff grievance issues proactively.
- Ensure an efficient and compliant HR administration according to Kempinski standards and local requirements, including supervision of internal payroll services.
- Ensure compliance with local labour and immigration law.
- Every employee has a complete employee file.
- Employee and payroll data is maintained in systems.
- Vacation and sick leave are tracked.
- TTTTs and online appraisals are tracked.
- Employees anniversaries are tracked and anniversary gifts and cards are personally handed over by the Head or Department, Hotel and/or General Manager.
- The employee communication boards are up-to-date and attractive.
- The employee locker rooms and cafeteria are looked after.
- Employees are welcomed to the Human Resources office in a warm and friendly manner.
- Every leaver receives an exit interview.
- Every leaver respecting a notice period receives an employment certificate on their last working day.
- Additional objectives and responsibilities can be added at any time, depending on the need of the business and hotel.
- Degree in Human Resource management.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Must be a member of Instutute of Human Resource Management (IHRM).
- At least 5 years’ experience in HR management roles in the (luxury) hospitality industry.
- Computer literacy (Excel/Power Point/Word), ideally including experience with HR information systems (Oracle).
- Experience in Human Resource Management system (HRMS) will be an added advantage.
- Passion for hotel operations and identification with the brand’s core values as a luxury services provider
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Strong people leadership skills
- Good communication skills
- Fluent speech skill; Knowledge of the English language is mandatory
- Sound, checkable previous employment references
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Analytical approach to problem solving and demonstrated ability to “think out-side of the box”
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure
- Positive winning attitude adaptable and ready to take on new challenges
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Discover a career crafted by you.