Organization Name: Aga Khan University
Job Title: Associate – Grants Accountant
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Accounting
- The University is The University is looking to recruit a grants accountant on a fixed term contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring the financial progress of research and programmatic grants by preparing grant budgets, developing grant financial reports as per the granting agency guidelines, analyze variances. They are required to work independently and closely with the programmatic team to ensure financial compliance during the grant implementation. This position will also support grant audits and financial accounting for grants. The incumbent will report to the Grants Coordinator, Aga Khan University, Nairobi Campus.
- Working closely with the Principal Investigators to ensure that all project activities are allocated accurate costs and are reflected on the project budget.
- Ensure that the budgets are prepared following AKU policies and the granting agencies terms and conditions.
- Exercise judgment to ensure that all decisions relating to research grant management are made in accordance with relevant rules, legislation and policies and in the University’s best interest.
- Coordinate &/or develop grant applications and taking responsibility for monitoring the projects’ milestones.
- Lead the writing of research proposals and grant applications for submission to donors.
- Building effective communication strategies with a variety of stakeholders and colleagues to ensure that information exchanges are timely, accurate and useful.
- Reporting progress to donors and ensuring that grants are acquitted in a timely manner and as
per their specification.
- Assist in preparation of internal grants reports to be shared with the Principal investigators.
- Facilitate external grant financial audit.
- Issuance of the audit report within the required timeline.
- Review requisitions raised by the different departments to ensure spending is within the approved budgets.
- Ensure all requisitions are adequately supported and approved by the department heads, done in a timely manner and charged correctly.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or Finance.
- CPA/ACCA qualification.
- 2-3 years of continuous, professional experience in Finance and accounting.
- Project management experience will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated team player skills in diverse settings.
- Self-driven and able to work independently.
- Good communication skills in both oral and writing.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Seeks and accepts advice and adheres to deadlines.
- Professional attitude and strong work ethic with attention to timeliness.
How to Apply
- For more information and job application details, see; Aga Khan University Hospital Grants Accountant Jobs in Kenya