Primary Location: Kenya-Nairobi-Nairobi
Organization: Marketing & Corporate Affairs
Job Type: Permanent
Shift: Day Job
Contract Type: Full-time
Job Posting : 10-07-2018
Un posting Date: 20-07-2018
Number of Opening: 3
The role holders (3) will be responsible for developing & implementing the Marketing Strategy and Plans for Britam’s Life Assurance, General Insurance and Asset Management Companies.
- Manage and co-ordinate all marketing, advertising, PR, promotional activities for the respective business in line with the Group’s corporate marketing strategy;
- Responsible for the content on the Company’s website, including content development and continuous updating of the same, intranet and all digital platforms;
- Co-ordinate and support development new products and services in line with business needs;
- Support, facilitate, develop and implement the business’ strategic marketing plans;
- Develop promotion materials to assist the business in marketing activities in liaison with the approved advertising company/ Agency;
- Design and implement tactical marketing campaigns in liaison with all BU marketing managers & other commercial departmental heads on all marketing platforms and put in place robust measures that support effective evaluation of campaign success and tracking performance;
- Develop, articulate and manage strategic marketing programs to drive Single distribution all products;
- Preparation and management of the yearly marketing budgets for the business;
- Work with the Group Marketing division in creation and production of all marketing collateral such as brochures, profiles, reports, merchandise and advertising to ensure alignment with market needs.
- Implement effective marketing campaigns and communications through constant feedback from all channels of distribution.
- Identify potential and support strategic partner relationships for marketing;
- Facilitate sales by communicating the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of products;
- Participate in product launches – plan the launch of new products, releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan;
- Participate in the development and rationalization new products in liaison with the Marketing, business units and actuarial department.
Brand development and management;
- Custodian of the business’s brand that supports the Britam brand promise, brand vision, brand position, brand architecture and achieves overall business goals for the brand;
- Ensure that all brand assets are effectively managed to deliver a strong Britam brand and grow brand equity; and
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or social sciences
- MBA in Marketing, PR will be an added advantage
- Professional marketing qualification e.g. CIM or equivalent
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing
- 7- 10 years working experience in a similar position with at least 3- 4 years’ experience in management preferably in Financial Services
- Deciding and Initiating Action: Ensures, key organisational objectives are met, takes responsibility for decisions, actions, projects and people while focussing on achievement of strategic results; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; makes quick, clear decisions with limited information available which may include tough choices or considered risks; decisions and actions takes into account possible impact on all parts of the business.
- Leading and Supervising: Provides the business with a clear direction based on the overall strategic intent of the organisation; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive organisational climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behaviour.
- Relating and Networking: Easily establishes, as well as assists others in building good relationships with customers and staff across all departments, inside and outside of the organisation; relates well to people at all levels; facilitates the resolutions of conflict and manages disagreements with tact and diplomacy.
- Persuading and Influencing: Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating to the benefit of the organisation, promote the organisational strategy during conversations; makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others; promotes ideas on behalf of oneself, the department or the organisation; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the organisation’s impression and brand on others.
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts: Works strategically to realise organisational goals; sets and develops organisational strategies; identifies, develops positive and compelling visions of the organisation’s future potential; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the organisation; encourage others to take a strategic and long term view in terms of the organisation’s future; communicates the organisational strategy, vision and objectives effectively across all levels of the organisation.