Organization Name: World Vision International
Job Title: Business Development Manager – National Resources Development
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Business Development
- Major Responsibilities
Local Resources Funding 40%
- Lead in the delivery of a high quality sustainable funding for local resources
- Provide yearly forecast for locally funded programs
- Strengthen World Vision’s through virtual capacity building sessions for field and National Office teams
- Hold quarterly donor round tables as a way of maintaining contact with donors and keeping them updated with WVK’s work around local resource mobilisation
Develop and lead a plan for private sector engagement
- In conjunction with the National Resources Development focal persons in the field, plan for fund raising events such as alumni forums to position World Vision Kenya
- Prepare a cultivation plan that elaborates prioritized donors for local resource development
- Lead proposal development for local opportunities ensuring submission of quality proposals
- Develop and regularly update a grants tracker for local resources.
- Lead local fund raising initiatives such as Global 6K
Market Analysis and Research 20%
- Conduct context analysis for local donors in Kenya
- Conduct market analysis to determine giving patterns of Kenyans including high net worth individuals
- Lead the formation local partnerships (consortia) for resource mobilization
- Ensure the CRM platform is effectively managed and the risk mitigation plan is implemented
- Provide risk oversight for Local resource development
- Lead partnership discussions with local actors and the private sector and local government to leverage funding.
Donor Liaison 20%
- Ensure timely and regular communication to donors
- Work with the different technical programs to develop fund raising products such as ‘dollar handles’ to compliment funding gaps
- Develop a strategy to engage local service providers as potential donors either through Goods in Kind or cash contributions
- Develop targets along with the National Resources Development focal persons
in the field and conduct monthly engagement meetings.
- In conjunction with the field teams, plan for fund raising events.
- Prepare Board reports for National Resources Development Committee and the WVK Board
- Prepare and disseminate reports to donors in a timely manner
- Ensure the CRM platform is well managed and timely feedback given to donors within and without
- Prepare financial and narrative monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required
- In conjunction with Operations team, position WVK as the organisation of choice by ensuring excellence and quality programs
- Consult donor round tables for prioritized donors as per the cultivation plan
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Degree in sociology, marketing or relevant area from a recognised University a Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Minimum 7 years’experience in Business development, Resource Acquisition, Fund raising, Marketing, donor relations, local Resources development 3 of which must be in managerial position
- Proven experience in leading proposal development and managing consortiums
- Must be a results orientated leader who can handle heavy work load as well as manage multiple organizational, donor and other stakeholder demands.
- Must have ample experience and expertise in public relations and donor engagements.
- Must be a strategic thinker and a strong team player.
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills
- Good writing skills and presentation skills
- Knowledge on fund raising essentials
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; World Vision International Business Development Manager – National Resources Development Jobs in Kenya