Organization Name:Co-operative Bank
Job Title:Business Intelligence (BI) Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category:Business Intelligence
- The Role
The successful jobholder will be expected to:
- Develop and implement Business intelligence reports, dashboards and other solutions that ensure business optimization and requirements fulfillment.
- Analyze business/use case requirements from BI analysts to determine operational problems, define data modeling requirements, gather and validate information, apply judgment and statistical tests and develop data structures to support the generation of business insights and strategy.
- Filter, “clean” data, and review reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems;
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets as well as interpret the data and analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Design and code reports/dashboards according to user specification with the key objective of delivering reports that will assist in decision making and control.
- Make changes to system configuration and parameters to accommodate business and technological requirements.
- Provide test interfaces for users to test the reports and dashboards before being put on the production environment.
- Develop and maintain documentation/manuals on system configuration or setup and deal with queries from users and resolve or advise.
- Locate and define new business and technological process improvement opportunities.
- Carry-out analysis of requirements and recommend solutions to address user requirements as well as attend to systems/solution failures and resolve or coordinate the resolution of the problem.
- Develop and maintain documentation/manuals on system configuration or setup in addition to building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Assist in developing and implementing a program of continuous improvement of BI processes through a cycle of
analysis of existing systems, processes, and tools, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing high-impact changes, and getting feedback from stakeholders.
- Understand Key Performance Measures and Indicators that drive company performance measurement, reporting, and analytics across functions and understand how these metrics and measures align and track against overall business strategies, goals and objectives.
- Rollout Business intelligence solutions to stakeholders and provide test systems for UAT to ensure that functions/features are tested before go-live.
- Secure systems by putting adequate controls and restrict access to programs by users in accordance to the requirements of the bank.
- Strict adherence to all regulations, statutes, standards, practices and all internal processes and procedures as per the relevant manuals and comply with all relevant external legislation and regulations with regard to Compliance requirements.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
The successful jobholder will be required to possess the following qualifications: –
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related degree from a recognized university with experience in software development knowledge.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in software development, data analysis and reporting with a proven record of accomplishment.
- Very strong analytical, presentation & problem-solving skills with the ability to work confidently on high priority problems and present technical ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Technical expertise regarding warehouse design, dimensional modelling and data mining techniques.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with ETL tools(Oracle ODI, Miscrosoft SSIS,Talend) ,query languages(Oracle PL/SQL, SQL), visualization tools (OBIEE, Admin tool, Power BI, SSRS, Tableau, click view)
- Working knowledge of databases (Oracle , SQL server)
- Fair knowledge of programming (Java, C#, Python)
- Very good knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and a fair knowledge of Unix and Linux.
How to Apply
- If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to
- firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number BID/SSD/2020 by 27th March, 2020.
- We are an equal opportunity employer.