Organization Name: Oxfam
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nairobi
Application Deadline: 30th JUNE 2018
The Horn, East & Central Africa Region (HECA) is one of the largest regions where Oxfam works. All ten (10) countries in the region are currently affected by natural and/or man-made humanitarian crises, and this is having an impact on Oxfam’s work in the region. In addition to country specific Oxfam strategies in each of the 10 countries for the period 2015-2019; the key strategic priorities and objectives for this region include: prevention and response to humanitarian crises; enabling women in HECA to claim their social, economic and political rights; supporting the development of civil society, and the improvement of accountable, democratic governance; supporting the improved resilience of those with vulnerable livelihoods to climate change, insecurity and other risks. The HECA region also hosts the Pan-Africa Programme. We are therefore looking for a dynamic and credible leader to take up the role of the Business Support & Finance Manager to provide business support, financial and risk management services to all countries in the HECA region.
The Role Reporting to the OI Regional Director, the Business Support & Finance Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Steward performance management across the region by leading the regional financial planning, budgeting and reporting process.
- Prepare the regional operational plan, budget and reports as per 01 standards and processes.
- Lead business intelligence activities, performing proactive monitoring and analysis to drive strategic business decisions and continuous improvement activities.
- Support the OI RD by conducting regular effective risk analysis (i.e. variance analysis, trends) and reviews for the region, ensuring proper financial and operational controls are in place.
- Create strategies to mitigate financial and operational risk in the region, working closely with Country Directors and Executing Affiliates.
- Support the design and implementation of any required new systems, processes and policies, working in coordination with the functional teams in the Region (countries and affiliates).
- As a member of the Regional Leadership Team, support the development of the regional strategy, with a focus on ensuring sufficient capacity and support in business operations.
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to Oxfam’s values and beliefs. If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please download the full job profile and apply online. Oxfam International is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity within the workplace. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted NB: You must have the right to work in Kenya
Interested and qualified? Go to Oxfam career website on jobs.oxfam.org.uk to apply
Get professional CV and cover letter writing services to boost your job applications on: email@example.com