Regional Payments Manager – (2000005F)
Regular Employee Type
: Manager Job Level
: Full-time Schedule
In line with enhancing career progression of staff and to support business growth, we seek to recruit a qualified, experienced, self-driven, highly motivated and passionate candidate to fill the following position in Payments Department.
The objective of this role is to drive the delivery of the total payments business and objectives in their designated cluster of branches. This role shall work under the daily oversight of the respective Regional General Managers to whom the role shall be administratively accountable to. Additionally, the role shall have a matrix reporting to the Payments Business leads at Head Office for purposes of business delivery in the respective units. The Regional Payments Managers shall jointly with their branch teams be fully responsible for the delivery of their total payments business targets and objectives. This team shall have
- Recruitment, overall oversight and management of the key corporate payment partners relationships in their region
- Delivery of the Merchant acquiring business targets and objectives. This includes growing the most preferred merchant base in their respective regions as well as championing all the Acceptance products including Pay With Equity, POS Acquiring and Ecommerce Acceptance while delivering all the merchant settlement accounts to the bank
- Delivery of the Agency Banking targets and objectives. This includes growing an optimal agency network that serves our regular, social payments and growing needs served by our agency network, while optimally utilising the resources and tools of trade provided for maximum returns.
- Delivery of the Digital, Mobile and internet banking business targets and objectives. This includes driving the uptake of our digital suit of products ranging from mobile banking to internet banking among others
- Oversight of the ATM Business in their region. Ensuring optimal use of the ATMs as well as adoption of the multiple services being channelled through this channel will be a major focus for this role
- Delivery of the card issuing business targets and objectives. This includes driving initiatives such as the prepaid card business, corporate card schemes, managing the credit card business as well as driving migration of usage of our cards to payment cards.
- Drive optimal payments staffing in the respective cluster of branches as well as equip and build capacity for their teams to deliver in partnership with the relevant stakeholders in the different business units, Regional office and Human Resources Division
- Gather and share feedback on market intelligence on all matters payments to ensure the bank remains aware and responsive to market dynamics and constantly delivers relevant solutions to the market
- Remain the bridge between the branches, Regional Office and Head Office on matters payments to ensure that Payments becomes a fully thriving business with the least friction possible.
- Ensure all staff within their respective branch clusters are fully trained and aligned on payments for purposes of knowledge, understanding and appreciation towards business support
- A university undergraduate degree.
- Business, Technology or Leadership programmes will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership position
- Oversight or experience in managing an arm of the payments business for a minimum of 5 years
- Should not have been under a performance management programme for the last three years
- Strong in interpersonal relationship
: RegularEmployee Type
: ManagerJob Level
Click below to apply