Job Title: Chief Finance Officer
Reporting to: Managing Director
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance
Duties: Responsible for financial planning, control, and assessment and planning, reporting on financial, technical and sales performance.
Experience: Experience as the CFO of African cement Companies and, ideally, experience in a turnaround of distressed asset(s). Strong leadership skills including the ability to operate in and manage a complex environment. Strong financial skills both in statutory and management accounting. Open and transparent.
Chief Financial Officer Job Responsibilities
- Form a close working relationship with the Chief Executive Officer, other Senior Executives and Non Executives.
- Provide leadership to the Board’s Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimize the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
- Take overall control of the company’s project accounting function.
- Overall control of the company’s project logistics, supply chain, procurement and warehousing structures, deliverables and activities.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Lead and develop finance teams.
- Work with senior teams to grow the business, formulating commercial strategies and project plans.
- Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies.
- Present annual accounts to investors.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Corporate finance: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Handle all Bid and Sales commercial validation for all commercial activity
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Economics/Accounting
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Membership to Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
- At least 8 years working experience in finance/accounting, with 5 years at managerial level.
- Good leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines which might result in putting in extra hours
- Demonstrable competency in Strategic Planning, Finance and ICT
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong relationship builder and communicator.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Analytical and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Demonstrates integrity, strives for excellence in her/his work.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible and innovative approach to operational management.
How to Apply:
Applicants can send their CV and state the position applied for in their subject of the email to us before 21st December 2018. Kindly do not apply if you do not meet minimum requirements.
- Recourse Four Kenya Consultants Limited
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://r4kenya.com
We are located on 4th floor, Kipro Centre in Westland’s, Nairobi