Job Category: Communication
Job Type: Internship
Working location: IB Nairobi Office, Kenya
Region: International Office Region for Eastern & Southern Africa (ESAF)
Reporting to: Global Editor
Duration: 5-6 months
Key performance areas and main responsibilities
· Support correspondents from ESAF and WCAF to upload content to Media box
· Generate content proactively for fundraising purposes
· Ensure timely communication between the International Office and supporting partners and the National Associations.
· Align stories to fundraising needs
· Contribute to the improvement, quality and speed of editorial content production
· Engage co-workers in the National Associations in ESAF in regard to content production
· Perform any other assignments that may come up from time to time
· A graduate from the following areas of study – Communications, Media studies, international relations, Community Development or other relevant field.
· Be computer literate in standard Microsoft Packages
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Good English skills both spoken and written
· Good interpersonal skills
· Asks questions to gain clarity
· Time conscious and meets deadlines
· Organized, able to track own activities and those of others.
· Honest, hardworking and dedicated.
· Fluency in French or Portuguese will be an advantage.
How to apply:
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position, please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three referees as Single Document.
Applications that are late, or do not have CV or certificates attached, will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. E-mail applications should bear the position title in the subject line of the email.
Email to: Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent electronically to: ESAF.HROD@sos-kd.org
All applications should be submitted not later than 27 July 2018