Organization Name: Karatina University
Job Title: Database Administrator
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Database Administrator
KarU/HR/ADBA I/ 2021
This position is responsible for administration of the University management information system and ensure security is enhanced at all levels of the database system.
- Installation of database software in the server to ensure operations of the server in the University.
- Support end users with varying knowledge and experience through training on software application of the database to equip them with knowledge to enable them use the applications effectively.
- Support and troubleshoot problems for end users and ensure all failed computer products and processes are identified and solved.
- Upgrade and maintenance of database system to enhance performance and effectiveness of the system.
- Ensure database security is enhanced through assigning privileges and permissions to users in the database to ensure that access to information is restricted and available based on prescribed rules.
- Prepare daily reports on analysis of system log and submit them to the Director, ICT for decision making.
- Initiate procurement process for ICT software through provision of software specifications for required software on time to reduce procurement lead time and facilitate efficient delivery of ICT services.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by a senior officer
Job Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution.
- At least eleven (11) years relevant work experience.
- Membership registration in a relevant professional body.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution and any other professional qualifications is an added advantage.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
The successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the existing Terms and Conditions of Service.
Method of Application
Applicants must submit two (2) copies of applications giving details of their educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address. Enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and area of specialization, accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and a copy of the most recent pay slip.
In addition, applicants should request their referees to write directly to the undersigned, in separate sealed envelopes. Interested applicants should send the applications to the address below, quoting the relevant reference number, so as to be received on or before Tuesday 5th October, 2021.
The Vice Chancellor
P.O. Box 1957- 10101