Organization Name:Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Job Title:Deputy Commissioner – Risk Management & Post Clearance
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Risk and Compliance
- Responsible for Providing strategic leadership as well as formulating and implementing policies/strategies in the Risk Management Division in accordance the relevant legislative laws, regulations and operating procedures.
TASKS AND OUTPUTS:
- Oversee Business Intelligence and Analysis: i.e. intelligence gathering from various sources; Intelligence analysis and valuation function.
- Oversee Profiling and Targeting: i.e. development of profiles; maintaining system selectivity and profiling, system uploads; Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) the profiled and targeted declarations.
- Oversee Post Clearance Audit function.
- Oversee Debt Management function.
- A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a recognized institution.
- A Master’s Degree in the relevant field as an added advantage
- Postgraduate Diploma/Certificate in Customs Administration.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in a similar role (especially in field operations) with at least 5 years in a senior management role.
Competencies required for this Role:
- Strong managerial, administrative and leadership skills;
- Excellent decision making capabilities;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to convey conceptual and complex ideas and information;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make evaluative judgment;
- Computer proficiency in the standard packages (word processing, e-mail and internet use);
- Demonstrate capability to drive performance and achievement;
- Effective interpersonal skills and delivery techniques to interact with, engage and inspire his/her team;
- Proactive and self-driven with a capability of building teams.