Organization Name: CFK
Job Title: Development and Implementation of Human Resource Strategy
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: NGO
CFK is a registered Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) headquartered in Kibera, Nairobi.
Over the last Eighteen years, CFK’s approach to participatory community development has been rooted in the conviction that sustainable impact and solutions to poverty are only possible when the community that is most affected by it are the real change-makers.
CFK envisions a community where every person, regardless of ethnic or economic background, has a voice and an opportunity to realize their full potential.
Purpose of the assignment:
Under the overall guidance and direction of CFK, the HR consultant/firm will contribute to the development of a comprehensive HR manual and strategy. Therefore, the HR consultant/firm will review and assess existing policies and recommend relevant changes to the policies, set clear KPIs to monitor implementation progress and provide training and support on the developed HR manual to the CFK team.
At the end of the assignment, CFK should be well equipped with an appropriate set of policies, systems, structures, tools, processes, knowledge and practices related to human resource management.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Deliverables:
- Review and assess existing policies that include;
- Review existing HR policies and identify gaps as compared to best practices.
- Review job descriptions and promotion scale.
- Conduct and make recommendations for job analysis, job evaluation (structure) and remuneration surveys (salary survey and salary structure as appropriate).
- Develop a detailed HR strategy and framework for CFK.
- Develop a progressive performance management system, career planning and progression, professional development and staff training policy as appropriate.
- Develop/ Review the requisite HR policies, procedures and work instruction (toolkits and templates), manuals and employee handbooks.
- Provide training and support on the developed HR manual to the CFK team;
- Based on the produced manual, conduct training session(s) to the target group to explain the policies produced.
- Provide HR advisory support services to ensure that the systems, tools and procedures are functioning troubleshoot and suggest corrective action during and after the consultancy period.
Please submit your technical and financial proposal detailing your interpretation of the terms of reference and methodology for carrying out the assignment in plain sealed envelope to The Head of Operations, Carolina for Kibera (CFK), P. O. Box 10763, 00100 Nairobi or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of business on 6th March, 2020
Please provide; Technical financial proposal and expression of interest, work plan including proposed timeline, a brief capabilities statement and 3 references.
Timeframe and Considerations:
- All deliverables to be met within 2 months.
- Contract to be awarded on 16th March 2020.