Organization Name: Save the Children
Job Title: Education Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Project Management
- The role holder will coordinate effective implementation of education in the refugee and the host Community, inter-camp coordination, and monitoring of activities. The holder will be responsible for effective budget management and utilization as well as quality internal and donor reporting. The role holder is expected to support in sector integration between child protection and education and provide leadership and guidance to consortium partners at implementation level.
- The role holder will also be expected to ensure the non-formal education, is implemented in coordination with the wider humanitarian operation in Dadaab and Kakuma camps and the national level education institutions such as KICCD, Ministry of Education and other relevant organanisation. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Degree in Social Sciences, Education in Emergencies, ECD, Development Studies or its equivalent
- At least five (5) years relevant work experience in Education, coordination and sector integration with background in refugee set up.
- A blend of teaching and education projects management including proper understanding on Ministry of Education’s quality assurance standards, CBC, curriculum development process and teacher capacity development initiatives.
- Substantial management experience, preferably in emergency Education programmes
- Experience of managing EiE consortia’s and coordination with government institutions.
- Demonstrable competence in
proposal and report writing
- Experience of financial planning and expenditure monitoring with minimum of 4 years of budget holding responsibilities.
- Experience of community participation, ownership and empowerment.
- High-level communication skills’, including engaging and informative formal public speaking.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili (both spoken and written).
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Sets high standards for quality and consistently achieves project goals.
- Maintains and extends an effective network of individuals within the organization, partners, government and development and humanitarian partners.
- Negotiates effectively by exploring a range of possibilities.
- Demonstrates and shares detailed technical knowledge and expertise.
- Proven ability to work as a team.
- Experience in ECHO funded projects is a plus.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s child safeguarding Policy.
- Experience and skills in management of staff.
- Experience in designing and facilitating training sessions.
- Experience in working in an insecure environment.
How to Apply
- For more information and job application details, see; Save the Children Education Coordinator Jobs in Kenya