Organization Name: Kenya Roads Board
Job Title: Executive Director
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: General Management
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities at this level among others include:
- Formulation and implementation of plans and strategies to achieve KRB mandates in accordance with the Act;
- Financial Modeling – developing financial strategies for the Board, overseeing suitable funding initiatives such as bond programmes, offering advice on investment matters, and detecting financial risks, setting quantum and tenors of borrowings, matching revenue streams with commitments;
- Preparation of business and corporate plans for Board approval;
- Preparation and submission to the Board of consolidated annual work programmes and revenue estimates;
- Preparation of annual budgets and financial reports of KRB Operations and KRB Fund;
- Evaluation and execution of the roadwork programmes and preparation and submission to the Board of monthly financial and operational reports;
- Monitoring and evaluation of approved annual public roads programmes (through technical compliance, performance and financial audits) and submission of regular reports to the Board;
- Supervision of consultants commissioned to carry out activities on behalf of KRB;
- Motivating and managing KRB staff towards achieving the Board’s objectives and building a high performance team culture;
- Compliance with all relevant statutory requirements;
- Any other duties assigned by the Board.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Law or Engineering from a university recognised in Kenya;
- Knowledge of the Road Sector and at least ten years’ experience in a relevant field;
- Must have served in a senior management position for a period of at least five years; and
- Must satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Professional qualification and membership to a professional body;
- Valid and current practicing certificate issued by a professional body;
- Possession of MBA or advanced degree will be an added advantage;
- Financial expertise, knowledge of Road Financing, Capital Markets, Bonds and Syndicated Loans;
- Proven ability to translate initiatives into achievable action plans;
- Ability to build effective networks and partnerships with stakeholders;
- Outstanding communication and motivation skills;
- Good computer working knowledge;
- Good working knowledge of the Public Sector;
Terms of Service:
The Executive Director will serve on contract for a period to be determined by the Board in the instrument of appointment or otherwise in writing. The successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration package, including house allowance, medical benefits, gratuity and other benefits in accordance with State Corporations Advisory Committee and Salaries Remuneration Commission guidelines.
Method of Application
Each application shall be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials or other supporting documents. The application should also indicate the names and contact of three referees. Scanned copies of these documents must accompany online applications.
All applications should be clearly marked “Application for the Position of Executive Director” and
submitted in any of the following ways:
Hand delivered application in sealed envelope addressed to the Chairperson, Kenya Roads Board to be dropped at the reception of Kenya Roads Offices, 3rd Floor, Kenya Re Towers, off Ragati Road in Upper Hill, Nairobi.
Online applications should be emailed in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted applications should be addressed to:
Kenya Roads Board
3rd Floor, Kenya Re-Towers,
Off Ragati Road, Upper Hill
P. O. Box 73718-00200, Nairobi, Kenya
Note: Interested applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Credit Reference Bureau.
Applicants must submit copies of these clearance certificates with the application.
All Applications must reach the Chairperson not later than 5 p.m. on 22nd October, 2020.