Organization Name: Nova Pioneer
Job Title: Facilities Associate Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Operations
About The Role
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Facilities Associate Manager for our Tatu City Campuses. The Facilities Associate Manager will identify and address safety risks on the different Campus grounds. This is an opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who shape the African Century.
Key Responsibilities For The Role Include
- Being the go-to-person on the team when it comes to efficient and effective campus maintenance and repairs, facilities management and provision of utilities.
- Being responsible and accountable for the smooth operation, supervision and maintenance of all building equipment and systems that provide a continuous supply of water, electrical power, and other utilities required for running the schools.
- Source for suitable and quality contractors who can provide parts and services at a reasonable negotiated cost.
- Track the supply of water and electricity to determine optimum usage or detect wastage and ensure utility bills are accurate and are paid out on time.
- Proactively and routinely inspect buildings and other support infrastructure to keep them optimally functional and detect or diagnose malfunctions in need of repair.
- Prepare a schedule for maintenance (cost, timelines and manage bid management) matters with the operations team and agree when work will be carried out.
- Minimize maintenance disruptions to the running of the school.
- Respond to maintenance requests in a timely response, provide weekly updates of the status of jobs reported to the affected teammates and closeout reported repairs within the most effective turnaround time, to the highest quality and within the most effective cost.
- Manage the team of Facilities supervisors who manage and vet the executed works outlined above.
- 3+ Years of experience in facilities management.
- Degree or Diploma in Civil & Structural Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- You strive for excellence in every detail of your work and inspire and challenge everyone around you to do the same. You take pleasure in excellence more than credit or status.
- You demonstrate the capacity to analyze complex situations and solve problems using data.
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide a clear and effective written and verbal communication to the leadership team.
- You have an exceptional ability to think strategically and yet you sweat the small stuff—people see you as unusually detail-oriented and conscientious.
- You have the ability to exercise discretion in handling sensitive matters.
- You have a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- You are proactive and have an enthusiastic approach to work.
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If you’re a great fit, we will drop everything and call you immediately.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word® may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.