Job Title: Field Finance Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category : Finance
Job Location: Nairobi Kenya
- You have a BA or BSc, or the equivalent, in accounting, finance or another relevant field.
- You are a CPA or ACCA or CIMA finalist
- You have 10 years’ finance and management experience including 5 years’ experience managing grants (USAID/EU funded projects preferred).
- You have at least 7 years of working internationally, together with field experience working for an international NGO as an administrator or finance manager.
- Demonstrable experience and skills in budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting preparation and presentation, and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the rules, regulations and donor policies governing the compliance / regulatory management of grants from US Government, EU, ECHO, UN and other agencies.
- Expertise with MS Office (especially MS Excel) and general ledger software is required. Use of Saga and/or Serenic Navigator desirable.
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger.
- Substantial experience and understanding of essential accounting principles, financial reporting, accounting systems, and budget development and administration is required.
- Experience managing diverse international teams; ability to communicate well in writing.
- Able to work autonomously, with the capacity to juggle multiple projects and pay attention to many small details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- French language skills preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in Kenya.
- Membership in a professional body related to finance, accounting and compliance is an added advantage