Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Job Location: Nairobi
Job Type: Full Time
To further consolidate and strengthen our GE Renewable Energy Wind turbine service and maintenance teams in Kipeto, Kajiado – Kenya, we are looking for a qualified and committed Field Service Engineers.
• Ability to work independently on the implementation of fault analyses and repair of wind turbine generator systems, including clarification of any client queries.
• Planned and preventive maintenance of wind turbine generator systems.
• Documenting of call-out responses, fault finding and repair work in service reports, logbooks and checklists.
• Coordination of external and internal service providers and contractors on site.
• Contact person for client technical queries, such as retrofits and repairs
• Professional training in electrical engineering sector (electrician, power electronics system, mechatronic engineer).
• Familiar with MS-Office operating system.
• Familiar with PLCs.
• High degree of quality awareness; excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills combined with the ability to detect and remedy faults, defects, problems.
• Able to work at heights and high level of physical fitness.
• Structured worker with technical analytical abilities.
• Electrical/ mechanical service or maintenance experience will be the additional advantage
GE Renewable Energy is one of the world’s leading wind turbine suppliers, with over 40,000 across the globe. Our portfolio includes a suite of onshore and offshore turbines, flexible support services ranging from development assistance to operations and maintenance, and cutting edge technology to upgrade your fleet. Whether you are at the beginning of your wind power journey, or looking to grow, we can provide the services you need.