Organization Name: Mwalimu National
Job Title: Finance and Accounts Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance
- Mwalimu National is a licensed Deposit Taking Business (DTB) by SASRA and the largest Sacco nationally and regionally.
- Over time, the Sacco has realized steady grown with Total Assets standing at Kshs.57.7 Billion as of 31st December 2020, eighteen (18) branches spread across Kenya and a membership in excess of 105,000 members.
- Mwalimu National is seeking to recruit a dynamic, self-driven, and result oriented individual to join our team in our fast paced, modern work environment, to fill the below position:
- The Manager, Finance and Accounts, will be responsible to the Chief Manager Finance, Treasury and Investment for the overall management and coordination of the Finance and Accounts Function.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Coordinating development, implementation and review of the Sacco financial management policies, standards, guidelines and procedures;
- Coordinating receipt, management and disbursement of the Sacco funds;
- Spearheading design of financial strategies and forecasting financial requirements;
- Guiding in the development of sound financial management systems for the Sacco to ensure transparency and efficiency;
- Identifying sources of funding for Sacco activities and projects and developing action plans;
- Coordinating preparation of the Sacco budgets, controlling and monitoring implementation and ensuring expenditure is in line with the strategic and operational plans of the Society;
- Overseeing proper maintenance of the societies books of accounts in compliance with the relevant legislation, regulation, procedures and guidelines;
- Ensuring effective management of cash flow and verification of cash flow analysis;
- Coordinating development and implementation of banking services for Sacco funds;
- Ensuring timely reconciliation of all revenues collected and maintaining up-to-date records of funds;
- Authorizing and approving payments;
- Ensuring discipline in financial management and reporting on the Society’s financial performance on periodic basis;
- Ensuring compliance with financial procedures and policies in the management of the Society’s funds;
- Collaborating with External Auditors and SASRA to ensure that all financial transactions are in compliance with existing regulatory instruments and accounting standards;
- Collaborating with various financial institutions and capital markets for funding of the Society’s development plans and investments;
- Preparing and filing of statutory reports and returns in compliance with the relevant regulations;
- Preparing annual financial statements and reports in compliance with the relevant laws and regulations;
- Coordinating preparation of Departmental work plans, procurement plans, budgets and reports; and
- Building capacity and managing performance of the Department.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Served in the grade of Assistant Manager, Finance and Accounts for a minimum period three (3) years;
- Have Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Accounts (Accounting/Finance Option), Business Administration (Accounting Option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Have Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: – Business Administration/Management, Commerce, , Finance, Project Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have Certified Public Accountants – Kenya (CPA-K) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be a member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants Kenya (ICPAK) or any other relevant professional body;
- Certificate in Corporate Governance Course from a recognized institution from a recognized institution;
- Be proficient in computer applications; and
- Demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence in work performance and results.
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates can send their application letters, updated CV, copies of academic, professional certificates and
testimonials to the undersigned through
- firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Monday, 18th October 2021 at 5.00pm.