To provide efficient and effective financial administration support to ensure the smooth functioning of the IT Division.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Vendor Management (dealing with all vendors on a daily basis, maintaining good working relationships with all vendors/stakeholders, following up on orders, obtaining various quotes from vendors, ensuring vendors send through all monthly invoices in time for processing)
- Asset management
- Project management – working closely with project management office to ensure that costs are being maintained in terms of approved budgets. Understand reasons for overruns and communicate clearly to business
- GL review and forecasting
- Budget and strategy preparation
- Researching acceptable accounting principles and providing recommendations in terms of good business practice
- Documenting processes and providing recommendations on improvements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to reconcile information and compile reports
- Strong administration skills
- Strong ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Office products
- A high level of confidentiality
- Problem solving skills
- Bachelor of Commerce degree majoring in Accounting (Honours would be advantageous)
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar role would be advantageous
- Building and maintaining collaborative working relationships
- Pro-actively seek new ideas/methods to improve efficiencies
- Gathering information and data processing
- Perform duties with little supervision
- Effective follow-up system is in place to ensure deadlines are meet timeously
- Logical thinking
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Planning and organising
- Innovative/Forward thinking
- Excellent work ethics
A little about us:
Passion, value and partnership. If you believe in these core values, we believe you’re a perfect match for the Mr Price Group.
The Mr Price Group has 6 trading divisions namely: mrp, mrphome,mrpsport, Miladys, Sheet Street and mrpmoney.
We employ over 16000 people and retail in over 1000 South African based stores, almost 100 international stores and through our online channels offering our full product assortments.