Organization Name: Andela
Job Title: Front Desk Associate
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nairobi
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
The Receptionist/ Front Desk Associate is the first point of contact for all office support and the organization. Your job is to oversee most aspects of our beautiful office and to provide administrative support to various departments.
You’re a go-getter, hungry for success and want to help Andela change the world! You have a magnetic personality: your presence brightens a room. You also love working in a fast-paced goal-driven environment. You are positive, passionate and excited about tech. You don’t mind lending a hand to a variety of different people and tasks. You can take the reins on getting us organized. You can take direction well but also work independently when necessary.
- Serve as a point of contact for vendors, facilities and members of our team.
- Maintain office efficiency by implementing office procedures and best practices
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office. Manage guest schedule.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges
Qualifications and Characteristics
- Qualification in Business Administration or equivalent
- Experience in facilities operations and administrative support
- Experience in customer service a plus
- Exceptional communication, organizational skills and professionalism
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
- Stellar grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills
- Strong attention to detail, articulate and personable with a record of innovative problem-solving
- Ability to multi-task, handle multiple projects at once and adjust to changing priorities
- Works well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced environment
- High energy and an outgoing, social personality
- Proficiency in G Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Desire to work in a startup environment
- Customer service attitude
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!