Company Name: Software Technologies Ltd
Job Category: Graphics Design
Job Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: 20th July 2018
This position is responsible for overseeing the design of graphic material and web development requirements of the company across all divisions.
The job holder shall work closely with line managers to discuss business objectives and requirements of the various departments and translating the requirements in to quality design work.
- Design artwork for print material required by the company e.g. flyers, brochures, posters, calendars, logos, product illustrations and presentations
- Design content required for web and social media purposes such as mail shots, e-banners, landing pages, postings and updates and videos.
- Be aware of emerging technologies in new media to ensure quality design output at all times.
- Developing a library of branding internal communication templates
- Submit regular reports that relate to all graphics design and web design / development tasks upon completion and implementation.
Web Design & Development:
- Website Maintenance by installing extensions (components, modules & plugins) e.g. security, fixing errors, regular backups, granting access to other privileged users/admins, etc.
- Update, populate and implement relevant content, updating outdated content, coming up with relevant write up / graphic material and product upload.
- Write code specific for a given objective/function on the website: using basic HTML, PHP, and MySQL database design.
- Creation and deployment of UI/UX designs on our web platform and product when need be
SEO (Search Engine Optimization):
- Carry out SEO by generating proper in-page keywords and Meta tags for the website.
- Ensure SEO for the website on all major search engines e.g. Google, Yahoo, Bing and ensure high ranking by ensuring listing of the web URL in the mentioned search engines.
Cpanel Administration & Others:
- Carry out regular scans for malware/viruses in mail & home directory which houses the website.
- Ensure errors are fixed on the website via Cpanel and check website stats which allow for proper SEO.
- Check process manager to ensure website / Cpanel resources are running at optimum to avoid website crash.
- Provide expertise on other IT / general related operations and tasks issues to users and staff members.
- Provide advice and useful ideas that help make work easy by smoothening operations or providing solutions to ICT issues.
Qualifications for the Graphic & Web Designer Job
- Diploma or Degree in graphic & web design
- At least 2-3 years relevant experience preferably as a web or graphic designer
- Candidate must have good knowledge of Word Press, Php , Html and Css as well as web and graphic design applications like Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver and Flash
- Experience in planning and delivering web based and graphic content
- Experience with Google platforms i.e. Analytics, SEOs and Web Optimization
- Knowledge and experience in UI Design is a big plus
- Experience in Social Media/Web Administration desired
- Experience video and photography is an added advantage
- Ability to handle pressure in meeting deadlines and prioritizing tasks
- Articulate and rational when presenting your thoughts and ideas
- Team player who can inspire and positively contribute the company culture
- Confident and strive for perfection while being open to feedback
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently using professional judgment
- Strong knowledge of color and typography
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send in your CV & Portfolio to email@example.com with “Graphics/Web Designer” on the subject line, by 20th July 2018.