Organization Name: Groots Kenya
Job Category: Accounting
Job Location: Kenya
- Timely, accurate and appropriate capturing of financial data in Navision system.
- Review all the payment vouchers and requisition and allocate to the relevant budget lines.
- Ensure that financial policies, as established by GROOTS Kenya are implemented and adhered to.
- Ensure all the bank statement are received on time and their balances are reconciling with the our cash balances
- Assist in both projects and institutional financial audits preparation and coordinate the audit process.
- Support budget development and monitor expenditures in compliance with organization’s policy and donor requirements.
- Timely preparation of all donor financial reports.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Receive all the supporting expenditure for imprest advanced and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Review the petty cash on a weekly basis and ensure it reconcile with the system
- Assist program staff in reimbursing funds during workshops and training.
- Ensures that all financial data is handled confidentially.
- Implement and maintain organization’s internal controls.
- Prepare monthly financial report and share with the finance manager.
- Maintain constant communication with the Finance Manager on all matters related to Finances, Accounting, and Procurement & Administration.