Organization Name:Jubilee Insurance
Job Title:Head of Finance
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance
- Role Purpose:
- The job holder will be responsible for effectively providing leadership, direction and management to the finance team.
- Manage the
processes for financial forecasting, budgets and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting.
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning.
- Set and take full responsibility for the finance agenda for the company in areas of financial reporting, solvency, tax, IT, and strategy.
- Oversee the timely completion of accurate monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, and prepare detailed analysis and explanations of variances.
- Provide leadership development and model transparency, accountability, responsibility and reliability.
- Provide financial stewardship and ensures integrity of fiscal data, accounting practice, financial analysis, investments and funding.
- Ensure systems and processes are functioning as required, and adequate and effective internal controls are implemented, working effectively and minimize and detect fraudulent activity in all lines of business.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and financial requirements.
- Provide accurate, timely and relevant financial information and data to support the CEO and department heads in decision making.
- Coordinate the preparation of Board papers, provide relevant advice to the Board on financial and compliance matters.
- Support CEO on strategy and play a fundamental role in the development of strategic choices.
- Lead and manage the preparation of annual budgets and 5-year projections.
- Liaise with auditors, actuary and tax advisors, and manages timely audit of final accounts.
- Provide cash flow management
and forecasting, provide advice on appropriate investment of excess funds.
- Actively manage credit control function and jointly responsible with the CEO and heads of business units for meeting credit control targets.
- Identify, implement and benchmark best practices in all of the above noted area.
- Develop and lead a high performing, results oriented finance team that completes tasks on time and to the highest quality; develops an effective annual training plan for the finance team.
- Qualifications, Competencies and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and Chartered Accountant / CPA or equivalent.
- Insurance knowledge preferred either through audit or industry, finance and banking industry experience will be given serious consideration.
- Experience in leading implementation of new systems and building strong control environments.
- Committed to ethical values, achievement of excellence, and highest professional standards.
- Self-motivated, innovative, problem-solving professionals preferred.
- Strong communication and coaching skills.
- Strong Leadership skills
- Relevant Experience
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive financial leadership experience.
- How to Apply
- If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via
- Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the
- Job Reference Number and Position by 4th August 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.