Organization Name: Roche Kenya
Job Title: Head of Finance East Africa
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance
Head of Finance East Africa is a member of the local leadership team, and reports into the Country Manager with a financial reporting line to the Area Finance Head. The role entails the following responsibilities:
- Partner with the Country Manager to drive the affiliate strategy towards the patient ambition.
- Closely work with the local management team to fuel the affiliate transformation journey and be a role model for the new ways of working.
- Partner with the business and act as a catalyst to explore new avenues to benefit patients (e.g. PSPs, commercial deals, access solutions, etc.) by providing business and finance advice
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit by providing relevant insights based on a robust understanding of the patient journey and local business context to drive patient impact
- Network and collaborate within the affiliate as well as the wider Roche networks to co-create solutions for patients and play a role in elevating the local healthcare eco-system
- Inspire and coach the local Finance team to enable their transformation journey and support them in delivering smooth ongoing finance operations
- Drive projects to simplify processes and adapt to new technologies with the aim of being more agile and free up time to drive patient impact
- Be an active member of the Africa FINET and successfully leverage other networks to create an impact through learning & sharing.
- Fiduciary obligation to ensure adherence to all relevant financial laws and regulations for a sustainable business and value creation.
Who you are
You are passionate about the impact on patients you can have, you are playful with the uncertainty the dynamics of the country served will bring whilst you will stay your course towards the long-term vision? You are a self-starter and energized by new learning opportunities the cultural and market environment will provide you? Then you are the individual we look for. In order to set you up for success you require the following qualifications:
- You have a bachelor’s degree (economics, legal and/or MBA preferred) or higher
- 5+ years of relevant working experience (pharma preferred)
- Business and financial acumen with the ability to connect the dots in an entrepreneurial way
- Strong analytical skills and ability to turn data into insights
- Strong communication skills as well as the ability to align various stakeholders
- Ability to learn fast and turn learnings into meaningful projects
- Ability to coach and lead a team through influence and visionary leadership
Are you inspired and energized by the opportunity to co-create the future of patients in the countries in scope? If yes, then make your mark and apply to this exciting opportunity!