Organization Name: Action Against Hunger
Job Title: Health Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Medical
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Provide operational support to Action Against Hunger health programs in the Horn and East Africa for improved nutrition outcomes.
- Work alongside and capacity build health actors to generate, analyze, and use data for ongoing health systems improvement.
- Identify the on-going learning and development needs of the technical country coordinators and assists in providing or supporting their professional development.
- Provide health technical support to country teams to ensure application of project cycle management from conception to evaluation.
- Provide technical advice to country teams on existing or proposed programmes to ensure relevance, impact, sustainability and quality of the intervention.
- Ensure adherence and appropriate management of medical products and supplies in country to include quality control, quantification guidance, and procurement.
- Provide technical support on priority health systems strengthening and/or health financing needs around UHC implementation.
- With the country program teams, identify innovation and research opportunities.
- Technical supervisory line to health focal in country; and as needed to the nutrition focal.
DOES THIS DESCRIPTION FIT YOU?
- Degree in Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing or related field with at least three years’ experience in Public Health with a focus on Health system strengthening in developing countries.
- Experience working in humanitarian contexts, emergency, post-crisis as well as with governments.
- Excellent knowledge of technical fields related to Health that includes excellent working knowledge of Health System Strengthening.
- Applied knowledge of malnutrition causal framework, epidemiology, research preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and technical review/writing of detailed technical documents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are essential
- Capacity to represent the organization in various forums.
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger
Our Core Values
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate Action Against Hunger-USA’s five core competencies
Respect– we work with compassion and dedication, treating everyone the same way we expect them to treat us.
Integrity-we believe that being honest and fair is integral to every aspect of our work; conducting our work with a spirit of sincerity, truthfulness and transparency is imperative.
Creativity-we encourage new ideas, embrace innovative solutions, and create opportunities for meaningful and exciting ways to do our jobs and provide solutions to address the needs of the populations we serve.
Excellence– we strive to provide services that meet, and even exceed, the expectations of our stakeholders (populations in need, staff, communities and donors).
Empowerment– we are committed to fostering an environment in which our staff, partners and communities where we work have the space to grow, develop and feel confident about participating.
Gender Equality Commitments
- Ability to foster an environment that reinforces values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion. race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect for all cultures.
What we offer.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These benefits include but are not limited to: –
- Health Insurance
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
For an all-inclusive list of benefits, check the Action Against Hunger Website