Organization Name: Nithi Water & Sanitation Company (NIWASCO)
Job Title:Human Resource Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Human Resources
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all employment practices, compensation, employee benefits, and human resources programs are within established standards, procedures, guidelines, and policies of the company and local labour laws.
- Facilitate periodic review and update of Human Resources policies and procedures in line with changes in the regulatory and labour environment.
- Coordinate the performance management process to ensure that it is effective and linked to the staff development programmes.
- Coordinate staff training and development programmes. This includes training needs analysis, evaluation of training, feedback to management, and coordination of special programmes.
- Coordinate the human resources planning process for the company and facilitate the staff recruitment and selection process.
- Manage the process of staff appointments, which includes issuance, renewal and termination of contracts.
- Ensure that NIWASCO maintains a compensation and benefits package that is equitable and competitive within the ministry’s philosophy on compensation and ability to pay.
- Provide administrative support, which includes maintenance of personnel records, payroll administration, processing of staff benefits and management of retirement benefits scheme.
- 9. Ensure that NIWASCO maintains good employee and industrial relations through well managed staff welfare schemes, a healthy and safe working environment, effective management of disciplinary and grievance issues, and effective communication processes.
- Coordinate employee related legal issues and advise management on appropriate course of action.
- Coordinate work related counselling and stress management services for staff.
- Maintain contact with the labour industry, other organizations and government departments to keep abreast and updated on developments that are relevant to the human resources process.
- Prepare and control of Human Resource budgets.
- Ensure effective management of telephone communication equipment
- Ensure effective control of consumable materials as per approved procedures
- Ensure provision of quality office services
- Ensure effective maintenance and cleaning of offices premises and maintenance of building to the required standards
- Ensure security and safety of office equipment/assets
- Ensure effective and efficient transport system and proper management of the vehicles.
- Attend to general correspondence in the office
- Perform any other duties & responsibilities that may be assigned by the management.
- Diploma in Human Resource Management/Certified Human Resource Professional II (CHRP)/Higher diploma in Human Resource or equivalent.
- Should be a member of a recognised professional body such as Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) (K).
- Requires experience in working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Requires a team player who is self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Requires problem solving orientation, good communication and negotiation skills. Must have computer aptitude and word processing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff at different levels with an organisation is essential for the job
- Computer proficiency
- A minimum of five (5) years work experience of which three (3) that must have been at a senior human resource management level in a busy organization.
TERMS OF SERVICE:
The successful candidate will be offered a 3- year renewable contract based on satisfactory performance.
Method of Application
Applications should include a cover letter that demonstrates why you are the best candidate for the position you are applying for, a detailed up-to-date CV and photocopies of relevant testimonials, current and expected remuneration package, the names and address of three professional referees, an e-mail address and telephone number, and two (2) coloured passport size photos.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 18th August 2020 at 5:00pm
The Managing Director
Nithi Water and Sanitation Company limited
P .O BOX 263-60400
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
NIWASCO is an equal opportunity employer and available opportunities shall be available irrespective of their gender, marital status, disability, colour race or religious believes,
CANVASING WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.