Organization Name: SHOFCO
Job Title:IT Officer
Job Category: Information Technology
Application Deadline: 20th November 2019
SHOFCO is a grassroots organization that unlocks the potential of urban slum dwellers to lead hopeful and fulfilling lives. SHOFCO disrupts survival mode by providing critical services including health care, clean water, education, and economic empowerment; and links these efforts to a community-led advocacy platform. SHOFCO is a rapidly-growing organization that currently impacts over 300,000 people across 9 urban slums in Kenya. Over the next 5-10 years, SHOFCO aims to become a national platform for urban slum transformation across Kenya, demonstrating a scalable and replicable model that can be used around the world. For more information, please visit www.shofco.org.
SHOFCO is seeking a results-oriented and innovative IT Officer to join a vibrant IT team. The IT Officer will be responsible for installing and maintaining computer networks, communication systems, business systems, hardware and software. Other responsibilities include working with the systems administrators to document designs and architectures, workflow diagrams, standard operating procedures and systems solutions, and working with external technology partners.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Maintain system efficiency and ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together.
- Analyse and isolate issues and troubleshoot problems reported by users.
- Maintain networks integrity and ensure systems security.
- Monitoring systems for performance, security and availability.
- Produce user and support guides in tandem with best practice.
- Educate and coach users in the proper use of systems.
- Contribute to change projects.
- As required, administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Participate in IT project management to ensure success in IT projects.
- Participate in design, implementation and support of Networks infrastructure.
Education, Experience and Skills
- At least 4 years’ experience in IT systems administration, IT operations and management.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, BBIT or any other related field.
- Qualification in Information Technology or any other related field.
- ITIL, CCNA and A+ certifications are desired.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure including servers, storage, firewalls, routers etc. or working knowledge of software (APIs, programming, configuration).
- Skills in ERP implementation and support is a strong plus.
- Working Knowledge in database administration especially ORACLE and SQL.
- Working Knowledge of Salesforce Administration is desired.
How to Apply
Please submit an application by email ONLY to email@example.com with the job title as subject line on or before November 20th 2019. Due to the high number of expected applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.