Organization Name: RTI International
Job Category: ICT
Job Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: 15th June 2018
RTI International TUSOME – Project is national literacy intervention focused on curriculum support, teacher training and teaching material development to improve the quality of early grade instruction in formal and non-formal schools through a reading intervention.
Based in Uasin Gishu
1 Temporary position for 2-3 months
- The ICT Assistant will be responsible for first level support and deployment management for all end users in the assigned region across several counties.
- S/he will keep on top of new operating system (Android) releases, test mobile applications with new devices review crash reports from mobile applications.
- The ICT Assistant will play a key role in RTI strategic education initiatives and must thrive under tight deadlines.
- S/he will develop and execute automated/manual test procedures, train the education officers’ in the region at the county level on how to use the android
- S/he will also serve as the focal point of contact in the region and will be responsible for ICT related communications as well as the ICT assets assigned in the region.
- S/he ensures that all software and hardware deployments are managed according to RTI policies, USAID regulations, standard operating procedures and good business practices.
- S/he will support hardware (laptops, routers, switches) and network users in use in Uasin Gishu office.
- A BSc. Computer Science or related field with a minimum of three (3) years of technical support experience or Diploma in Computer Science with a minimum of four (4) years technical experience.
- S/he will possess a record of successful large scale software and hardware installations with a wide range of hardware including tablets and mobile phones.
- The suitable candidate will need to demonstrate experience of android operating system releases, experience in applications testing and executing automate/manual test procedures.
- Ability to train adults on how to use applications deployed.
- Good communication skills and familiarity with mobile tools (e.g. XCode, Android Debugger ADB).
Qualified candidates are invited to apply via email at [firstname.lastname@example.org ] no later than 15th June, 2018.
Candidates should send an application letter and CV with 3 references.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Get professional CV and cover letter writing services to boost your job applications on: email@example.com