Do you have a degree in Agricultural Economics, agri business or related field at MSc or MBA level and have an R4K CV?apply asap!
ILRI Jobs in Nairobi, Kenya
1. ILRI vacancy: CIM Integrated Expert – Agricultural Economist,
(open until filled)
Posted: 03 Jun 2015 10:51 PM PDT
International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) in Nairobi, Kenya supported by GIZ/CIM from Eschborn/Germany seeks to recruit an expert to assist in the development of value chains in smallholder livestock systems.
ILRI works with partners worldwide to enhance the roles that livestock play in food security and poverty alleviation, principally in Africa and Asia.
The outcomes of these research partnerships help people in developing countries to keep their animals alive and productive, to increase and sustain overall productivity, find profitable markets for their products, and reduce the risk of livestock-related diseases.
One approach to achieve these goals is to design and implement inclusive business models that integrate the most vulnerable communities like youths and women in economic cycles.
ILRI is aiming to develop agri business interventions especially in the dairy and pork sectors www.ilri.org
ILRI is a not-for-profit institution with a staff of about 700 and in 2015, an operating budget of about USD83 million.
A member of the CGIAR Consortium working for a food-secure future, ILRI has its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, a principal campus in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and offices in other countries in East, West and Southern Africa and in South, Southeast and East Asia. www.cgiar.org
• Identify potential agri business interventions based on value chain assessments and other complementary evidence.
• Pilot test selected agri business interventions with value chain actors in at least 2 Livestock & Fish value chain countries, including setting up monitoring systems for accountability and learning purposes.
• Draw up research reports and at least 1 journal article on the agri business interventions that were pilot tested.
• Train ILRI and partners on agri business skills
• Identify and contact potential research and development partners to strengthen agri business skills within ILRI
• University degree in Agricultural Economics, agri business or related field at MSc or MBA level
• At least 3 years working experience in agricultural value chains if possible on livestock and livestock products in the tropics
• Experience in designing and/or testing of business models to improve these value chains preferably in developing or emerging economies
• Good knowledge of monitoring & evaluation framework and systems
• Willingness to travel frequently
• Fluency in English, knowledge in German would be an asset
• In addition you have the citizenship of an EU member state
Post location: The position is based in Nairobi Kenya
Duration: 2 years with the possibility of extension.
• Attractive monthly grants to local salary and benefits
• Varied activities with responsibility in an international environment
• Cooperation with other organizations in development cooperation
• Professional preparation for overseas travel
How to apply:
All applications should be submitted online; CIM Jobs , by 5th July 2015.
The position is open until filled.
• For further information and clarification, please contact Andrea Koenig on email; Andrea.Koenig@zav-cimonline.de