I&M Bank, a regional Bank with a fast growing branch network around the country, is seeking to fill in the following position in Bancassurance department.
To develop and maintain effective and sustainable medical insurance business promotion, marketing strategies and retention. To keep incomes at acceptable levels while ensuring high business retention.
Medical Underwriting Job Responsibilities
- The Incumbent will report to the Head-Bancassurance and will be responsible for:
- Identify business opportunities in medical insurance
- Formulating in consultation with Business Development Manager medical insurance products and services
- Handle new business quotations and follow up.
- Liaise with underwriters to ensure renewal notices are dispatched promptly
- Organize renewal/review meetings with insurers and clients.
- Ensure renewal of existing covers/businesses.
- Maintain close liaison with underwriters to enhance customer service and satisfaction
- Conducting market intelligence to keep abreast of development in the insurance industry.
- Conduct member education, sensitization and health talks for schemes in our books.
- Advise clients on admission procedures.
- Update members on insurer service providers.
- Respond to day today inquiries on client queries.
- Ensure premiums are paid at inception of cover.
- Participate in training branch staff on medical insurance products.
- Participate in marketing other Bancassurance products.
Requirements for the Medical Underwriting Job
- Ability to network in the insurance industry
- Ability to identify risks and offer solutions in products development
- Excellent underwriting skills
- Knowledgeable in underwriting risks
- Ability to make logical, rational and sound judgment.
- University degree in Insurance, Marketing or Business related.
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Diploma in insurance –ACII or IIK
- Certificate of Proficiency in insurance- COP
- At least three years’ experience in medical insurance underwriting.
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the above requirements, send your application together with a comprehensive curriculum indicating your qualifications, present position, contact and names of three referees.
Your application should reach the below address on or before 25th February 2017.
Please quote the reference number followed by the position applied for in the application
The General Manager-Human Resources
I&M Bank Limited I & M Tower, Kenyatta Avenue P.O Box 30238 – 00100, Nairobi
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
For professional CV writing and cover letter services to boost your application, click here