In this context, the assistant will provide support to all components of Information Management within the operation (with focus on data gathering, data visualization, data management) in collaboration with the regional Knowledge and IM Office at the ARO. The Information Management Assistant is responsible to provide support to IMU (Information Management Unit) to make data regarding the field operations available within the Movement to improve effective data-driven decision making within the context of preparedness and operations.
Data Management (Collection, Preparation and Analysis)
- Support sectors within the movement in ensuring data collection, preparations and analysis are conducted based on a pre agreed schedule.
- Support in the review of data collection and analysis tools across sectors/units.
- Support in development and deployment of surveys through MDC (Mobile Data Collection) tools.
- Capture 3Ws on a monthly basis for the DCPRR unit.
GIS and Mapping Support
- Assist with development and maintenance of GIS data resources.
- Perform varied data gathering and entry to create, maintain, display and update Geographic Information Systems databases, coverages, and linkages to various GIS databases.
- Produce accurate maps and other representations of data for public use and field work activities.
Infographics and data visualization
- Support the Africa Operations room by creating webpages and dashboards based on sectoral inputs.
- Assist in the development of dashboards and infographics for the Africa Operations room.
- Assist in the preparation of thematic maps as requested by IMU.
Training and Development
- Support IMU development of training materials.
- Support in the facilitation of trainings/capacity building initiatives for IFRC or other RCRC personnel.
- Ensure new IM focal points from National Societies are briefed on IFRC Africa IMU activities
- Liaise and coordinate with African and other RCRC national societies in supporting and improving Information management in Africa region.
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant IM bodies in the ICRC, United Nations, and international NGOs in Africa region.
- Ensure adherence by IM focal points in relation to IFRC data managements, policies regarding safety and sharing of data by reviewing outputs.
- Facilitate and support information sharing and collaboration IMWG and IMPG networks.
- Assist in the development and enactment of the regional IM strategy.
- A relevant University Degree in Information Management.
- Working experience in a humanitarian organisation.
- First-hand experience with IFRC Information Management Unit.
- Training and Capacity Building experience.
- In-country contextual understanding and operational experience.
- Ability to use, test and deploy MDC (Mobile Data Collection) systems I.E. KOBO, ODK.
- Experience with GIS technologies and Web app development.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to influence and adapt to changing demands.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Good stress management skills.
- Report writing and communications.
- Collaboration and Teamwork.
- Judgement and Decision Making.
- Customer Relations.
- Creativity and Innovation.
- Building Trust.