Organization Name: Childline Kenya
Job Category: Auditing
Job Type: Full Time
Works Station: Childline Kenya, Lower Kabete, Nairobi
Length of Engagement: One year renewable
The role of Internal Auditor will be to ensure that:
- Childline Kenya risk levels are determined;
- Projects are implemented in accordance with workplan of specific project agreements;
- Disbursements are in accordance with project agreements, Childline policies and procedures; and
- All transactions conformal to the Laws of Kenya.
The internal auditor will
- Report to the Board of Directors;
- Be an ex-officio member of the Finance and Audit Committee; and
- Work with Childline Kenya Executive Director on day to day basis.
Specific Duties of the Internal Auditor include:
- Risk Management:
- Support Childline Management to develop parameters, methods, and tools for evaluating, categorizing, and prioritizing risks.
- Assist in the development of the organization’s risk mitigation strategy/ plan.
- Preparing and submitting quarterly reports to the Board on risk management issues including the risk register and on emerging risks.
- Project Support:
- Ensure that funds advanced to Childline are utilized efficiently; that there is value for money; and accountability is provided for all funds advanced.
- Confirm that the planned activities (service delivery, procurement, distribution, storage, infrastructural improvements, etc.) are carried out efficiently and effectively
- Identify gaps and weaknesses faced in the implementation of grant activities and make recommendations to improve or address the gaps.
- Management and Governance:
- Regularly provide the board with an opinion on the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the internal controls in the organization
- Regularly report to the Board on significant areas of non-compliance to organizational policy and internal controls
- Actively monitor and provide feedback to the board as appropriate on the timely implementation of management or board recommendations related to financial and programme implementation
- Review of organizational policies and assess system gaps to inform development of new policies and review of the existing ones
- Ensure that recommendations from internal and external audits are effectively implemented for improved compliance and efficiency
Tenure and Remuneration:
- This is a part time contract position for a maximum of six days every quarter. The contract is initially for 12 Months and renewable.
- The remuneration for this position is negotiable.
Job Qualifications and Competencies
The preferred candidate will have:
- A minimum of CPA II;
- Minimum of five years in senior accounting or auditing position or practice
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting and auditing systems
Academic qualification, are an added qualification.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Good Report writing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills:
- Computer literacy.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their applications and detailed CVs with references from at least three of their previous or current clients or employers.
The applications should be addressed to the Executive Director of Childline Kenya through email@example.com not later than 15th June 2018, 5pm.
The subject of the email should be Internal Audit Application 2018.
Get professional CV and cover letter writing services to boost your job applications on: firstname.lastname@example.org