Organization Name: ACTED
Job Type: Internship
Job Category: IT
Direct hierarchy: IT Officer –Nairobi
Contract duration: Two months
Starting date: July 2018 – as soon as possible.
This position will require the individual to perform IT related tasks and offer IT Support to all staff within the ACTED Kenya/Somalia mission as may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve Technical problems.
- Provide technical support to users remotely and onsite and support user data backups,
- Respond promptly to client calls/emails to resolve questions and problems and Escalate client issues promptly to the IT Officer, when appropriate.
- Assist users to setup up for meeting i.e. projector, laptops, and cables as request by user.
- Assist in setting up and maintaining computer networks ,
- Support set up of computer security measures-Antivirus installation and maintenance.
- Assist in configuring of new Information technology equipment. Assist in the installation and deployment of relevant hardware and software
- Assist in Documenting major incidences as they occur
- Assist in Asset management & filling
- Any other duty that may be requested by your supervisor
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hardware and software products and problem solving / diagnostic skills
- Understanding of LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, VPN, Firewalls and Routers
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems configuration and administration
- Good working knowledge of office automation applications (Microsoft Office) esp. Outlook
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrates eagerness for acquiring necessary technical knowledge & skills to accomplish a result
- Excellent time-management skills. Able and willing to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in, and contribute to, team building environment
Qualified persons with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter to us as a single document with the subject “IT INTERN” to email@example.com and received on or before 17th July 2018. Applications sent after the deadline will not be considered.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.