Organization Name: African Guarantee Trust Fund
Job Title: Intern
Job Type: Internship
Job Category: Internship
- The African Guarantee Fund for Small and Medium- sized Enterprises (AGF) is incorporated and
licensed in Mauritius as a limited liability company and has its office of operation in Nairobi,
- AGF partners with financial institutions to ease access to finance for Small and Mediumsized Enterprises (SMEs).
- AGF contributes to the promotion of economic development, vital for prosperity, stability and
poverty reduction in Africa through two lines of interventions:
- Provision of a mix of financial guarantees and other products which reduce the risks supported by financial institutions when lending to SMEs that have insufficient collateral.
- These guarantees contribute to reduce the inability of SMEs to provide acceptable guarantees required by financial institutions prior to lending.
- Support for capacity development of the client financial institutions to enhance their capacity to appropriately assess loan requests from SMEs and to mitigate risks associated with the guarantee.
- AGF operates according to market principles and is a commercially viable venture with its products being utilized in 39 countries in Africa, and it’s gradually expanding with an aim of covering the entire Africa by 2021.
- The African Development Bank together with the
governments of Denmark (through DANIDA) and Spain (through AECID), are the founding shareholders of AGF. Other Shareholdersinclude: Agence Française de Développement (AFD), Nordic Development Fund (NDF), Investment Fund for Developing Countries (IFU) and KfW Development Bank.
- AGF Group is rated with a stable credit rating of AA- by Fitch Rating International AGF runs an annual professional management internship program and we encourage applications from qualified students with the following qualifications:
Minimum Requirements and skills
- Studying Bachelors’/Master’s degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Mathematics, Statistics ,Economics or related fields
- Interest in financial analysis, statistics and/or Credit analysis skills specifically in Banking
analysis, forecasting and monitoring;
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
- Personal drive and initiative.
- Bilingual French and English (French is an added advantage).
- Good computer skills
How to Apply
- For more information and job application details, see; African Guarantee Fund Internship Program