- Providing guidance in development and implementation of strategies, policies, plans, standards and procedures pertaining to complaints and legal services as per the Authorities strategic plan;
- Overseeing intake of all complaints and notifications;
- Developing and managing the complaints database;
- Leading and participating in major and complex legal assignments and projects;
- Supervising all mediation and alternative dispute resolutions;
- Ensuring authority is adequately represented in legal, civil and criminal court proceedings;
- Leading discussions and explanations of complex legal concepts and development processes, risks and opportunities with senior management, authority’s committees, stakeholders and/or partners;
- Overall responsibility of liaising with external agencies on all legal matters affecting the Authority;
- Organizing and maintaining data used to develop policy recommendations and reports and act as the Authority’s central reference resource on the same;
- Supervising, appraising, training and developing staff in the directorate; and
- Prepare statutory performance and annual reports.
Qualifications for the Complaints & Legal Director Job
- Must be a citizen of Kenya.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of either Head, Complaints/Legal or for a period of fifteen (15) years in Complaints and Legal services, five (5) of which must have been in a senior management level in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- A Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Law, Business Administration, Public Policy development or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Post graduate diploma in legal studies;
- Registered as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Certificate in computer application skills;
- Demonstrated professional competence, integrity and capability in work performance; and
- Demonstrate experience in result based strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation as well as financial management skills;
- Certificate in either Corporate Governance or Strategic Leadership Programme lasting not less than (3) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
Required behavioural skills
- A candidate must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player;
- Strong managerial skills, including motivating, developing, coaching and leading teams; and
- Demonstrate high ethical standards;
How to Apply
Please complete the application form (See link below) in BLOCK letters as appropriate and submit to the Chief Executive Officer/Secretary, Independent Policing Oversight Authority, P.O.BOX 23035, 00100 NAIROBI, KENYA, or forward your application to email@example.com
Interested and qualified? Go to Independent Policing Oversight Authority (IPOA) career website on www.ipoa.go.ke to apply
For professional CV and cover letter writing services, click here