Organization Name: International Centre for Tropical Agriculture
Job Title: IT Support
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: I.T
Position Summary: CIAT, on behalf of IITA is seeking to recruit IT Support Specialist. The IT Support Specialist will be responsible in providing the necessary support to staff in the Nairobi office and extend assistance to other CAH offices (Rwanda, Burundi, DRC and Cameroon) either in their local time zone via on-site or remote-control methods.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support in ensuring a well-coordinated IT function in Nairobi, working in collaboration with IT at HQ and ICT Unit at ICIPE.
- Ensure that each staff has a functional/well maintained computer acquired as per IITA’s specifications and that staff adhere to IT policies and procedures including maintaining an up to date inventory to facilitate IT charges.
- Provide general support in software applications for the office following the IT unit’s standards and regulations.
- Respond to Software and Hardware requests and service orders from users.
- Provide necessary training and promotion of IT software to staff, including the use of virtual workspaces such as the research and administrative collaboration sites created in SharePoint.
- Analyze, design, implement, maintain and monitor technological solutions according to the requirements of IITA and new technology thinking of availability, backup systems, security and information, in accordance with international standards of data networks and communications.
- Assist in video conferencing as per user requirements, following procedures established by the IT Unit.
- Monitor traffic and information flow on systems to ensure systems runs effectively.
- Ensures maintenance and security of LAN and WLAN as well as all computer systems (both hardware and software).
- Ensure compliance to the IT Network policy and Procedures manuals and software licensing.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Information Technology, Software applications or IT-related applications
- Preferable knowledge in Microsoft products with certifications.
- At least 5 years’ experience in helpdesk or similar positions
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and customer satisfaction
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in English. Other languages would be an asset.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, but also participate as a team member in accomplishment of duties.
- Strong ability to co-ordinate, prioritize and organize workload; take initiative and work under pressure.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and good judgment
- Demonstrate high level of integrity.
- Strong attention to detail and maintaining a timely and efficient workflow. A strong service orientation.
- Ability to travel and work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to IITA’s mission and core values
Terms of Employment: This a nationally recruited position and will be based at the IITA Offices in Nairobi, Kenya.
The contract will be for a two-year period, subject to probation period of three (3) months, renewable depending on performance and availability of resources.
CIAT offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits; we believe that the diversity of our staff contributes to excellence.
CIAT is an equal opportunity employer, and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.