Company Name: Username Investments Ltd
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: HR, Finance
Application Deadline:29th June 2018
- To oversee and manage the preparation of accounting records and reports to ensure the provision of timely and accurate financial information in accordance with prescribed financial policies, standards and taxation requirements.
- Developing and introducing systems and procedures that will enable the company to meet the reporting, budgeting and budget control requirements.
- Preparing and maintaining accurate, timely, complete and reliable periodical financial reports and ensure that all financial transactions comply with set company policies and procedures.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial Reporting
- Preparation and timely submission of monthly, quarterly and annual Management accounts and related reports to the Board of Directors and the Management.
- Consistently analyze financial data for purposes of timely monitoring of progress/performance, financial outlook, projection and forecasting.
- Preparation of project specific financial reports and statement of expenditure.
- Tax management ensuring compliance, timely filling and payment of statutory deductions
- Prepare/perform financial analysis for all company projects.
- Support the Directors to identify and address issues and trends in accounting and finances.
- Budget Management and Controls
- Preparation of budgets and performing detailed well explained variance analysis.
- Manage the annual budget process, providing guidance and support to Directors and other team members where needed.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs and project budgets and actual expenses.
- Document budget management and control procedures and recommend for process improvements.
- Monitor investment portfolio as appropriate and bank balance positions during the year
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting in partnership with Directors.
- Financial Systems and Controls
- Ensure compliance by staff regarding the use and application of internal financial systems and controls.
- Take lead in the implementation and enforcement of organization policies and regulations related to financial management.
- Take lead in undertaking Internal audit.
- Facilitate and support external audit sanctioned by the Board of Directors.
- Enforce project related financial controls.
- Manage creditors/debtors and staff advance accounts.
- Thorough audit of all transactions, ensure appropriate purchase order matching, credit terms and adherence to appropriate authorization and budget confirmation and clearance.
- Approve bank payments and receipts ensuring all cash inflows and outflows are properly recorded and bank accounts are reconciled at the end of each month.
- Ensure that complete documentation and audit trails for each transaction are maintained, filled and easily retrieved.
- Ensure that financial statements are accurate and that they reflect the position of the organization, and that documentation is complete and ready for audit.
- Ensure continuous automation of accounting procedures and full utilization of the accounting software.
- Create and maintain finance manuals and other working documents as needed to ensure staff adherence to recommended practices and procedures.
- People Management and Coordination
- Supervise and oversee junior accounting staff by providing instruction and guidance on daily work responsibilities and application of financial procedures.
- Manage and motivate Finance Department staff to ensure the department meets its obligations and goals.
- Coordinate with other Managers and serve the Board of Directors.
- Other Projects
- Support organizational strategic and annual planning, and participate in a variety of special projects, reporting and initiatives as required.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the directors.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to taking independent charge of Finance Section functions
- Ability to act as a team player who coach, support and train staff and colleagues
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a confident representative of Username Investment Limited.
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to Username’s core values and principles.
- Awareness and sensitivity of self and others.
- Well planned and organized.
- Capacity for taking initiative and making decisions, with competent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required, a Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- CPAK / ACCA qualifications in good standing and a member of professional body
- Competence in the use of varied accounting systems with knowledge in SAGE Evolution accounting system is an added advantage.
- 3 years working experience with at least 2 years in a Finance Management position.
- Thorough understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards and various regional statutory requirements and their application
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint mandatory) Expertise in strategic management, project planning and budgeting, implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- This role reports to the Head of Finance & Customer Experience
- This role has a team of direct reports
2.Senior HR officer
We are seeking to recruit self-driven, results oriented, passionate, friendly and experienced personnel with exceptional human resources and employee relations skills to fill in the position of a Senior Human Resource Officer. Principle Duties and
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Payroll Management.
- Maintains employee rewards programs and informs employees of rewards by studying and assessing rewards needs and trends; recommending reward programs to management.
- Planning, scheduling and management of company wide team building programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource country requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results. Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- A minimum of a Degree.
- Qualifications in Human Resources will be an added advantage.
- Self-driven and proactive.
- At least 1 year experience in HR.
- Experience in the real estate industry preferred.
- Knowledge and expertise in Human resources.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is a must.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be pleasant and passionate about work Patient, polite and friendly
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and highly growing business.
- This role reports to the Head of Human Resources.
- This role has no direct reports
Interested candidates should submit their applications, which include a clear detailed CV, cover letter stating the candidate’s suitability and motivation for pursuing the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications to be sent by 29th June 2018.
Get professional CV and cover letter writing services to boost your job applications on: email@example.com