Employer’s Name: Rural Agency for Community Development and Assistance
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category : Project Management
1.Project Manager (Food Security,& livelihoods
The Food Security and livelihoods project manager is responsible for planning and implementing of food security and livelihood program in adherence with RACIDA and donor guidelines and standards. He/she will be based in Gedo region Somalia. The project manager will be reporting to the regional programs coordinator in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Oversee the implementation of the second phase of RACIDA’s sustainable Agriculture, Food security and livelihood program in Gedo region, Somalia, ensuring timely delivery of all activities in project work plan and results framework
- Ensure participation of the community in the implementation of programme through appropriate mechanisms.
- Provide technical extension service to rural farmers within each livelihood activity in the community.
- Review programme work plans based on pans submitted to donors and revise accordingly
- Manage the food security and livelihoods program to ensure activities are meeting their intended outcomes and objectives and achieving impacts
- Ensure that the programme addresses the needs of the poorest and most vulnerable.
- Develop and review facilitation/training manuals on key topic areas covered under the project
- Provide assessments and analyses on improving crop production and project outcomes for the target project areas
- Coordinate monitoring visits with established community structures in the project areas
- Coordinate with other organizations in the same location to ensure no duplication of efforts.
- Coordinate and lead needs assessments in project target areas.
- Perform regular financial and narrative reporting to RACIDA’s Regional Programs Coordinator and Executive Director in accordance with donor/partner requirements and internal RACIDA regulations
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Manage project in line with the logical framework and the programme M&E plan,
- Ensuring staff are accountable and understand M&E requirements and their roles and responsibilities
- Organize regular team coordination meetings
- Coordinate regular and annual data collection and analysis initiatives
- Ensure that quality programme reports are produced and submitted to the Regional Programs Coordinator in a timely manner for donor reporting
- Represent RACIDA at local and regional coordination meetings, in particular Food Security Cluster Group meetings
- At the request of the Executive Director and Regional Programs Coordinator, undertake other representational duties
- B.Sc. in Agriculture Economics and Rural development, sustainable Agriculture and food security, or any related field
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible and successful experience in development work, NGO, Government, or other agencies
- Experienced manager of staff, team builder/leader and member;
- Good understanding of key Sectors including food security, natural disaster risk reduction issues and linkages to relief and development programmes
- Proven ability in report writing, research and documentation and experience in proposal writing
- Competent planner and results-oriented manager; able to prioritize activities in line with project objectives; excellent organizational abilities to coordinate simultaneous tasks under time and resource pressures, to deliver high quality and timely products and results
- Team builder/Team player – excellent ability to lead, build, and inspire teams and to foster teamwork by being a good team player; strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in Word, excel, power point, outlook, access knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Somali are required.
- Experience working in Somalia, particularly Gedo region. Preference will be given to applicants that satisfy this criterion.
The project officer is responsible for planning and implementing of food security and livelihood program in adherence with RACIDA and donor guidelines and standards. He/she will be based in Nairobi, Kenya, with frequent travels to project areas in Gedo region, Somalia. The project manager will be reporting to the regional programs coordinator in Nairobi, Kenya.
General result area
The project officer is responsible to for ensuring the project is implemented as planned effectively, efficiently and within the set timelines.
- The role of the food security extension officer is to support implementation of the project in accordance with the proposed work plan and timelines.
- The food security extension officer will also see to it that the project objectives are met and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Develop and share regular monthly, quarterly and annual reports in a timely manner with the project manager, and regional programs coordinator
- Carry out continuous monitoring and overall reporting of the project progress to the programme manager
- Ensure donor regulations are adhered to and that necessary administrative, financial and implementation controls are observed and documented appropriately
- Develop and share project information with Donors, stakeholders and project team appropriately upon request
- The project officer should support any internal or external monitoring and evaluation exercises of the project
- Support the regional programs coordinator with fundraising and networking in local and regional (Somalia) coordination meetings
- Support project manager with monitoring and evaluation tools development, as well as regular and annual data collection and analysis initiatives
- University Degree in development, social science, Agriculture, or any related field
- At least 2 years work experience in a similar position
- Knowledge and understanding of specific community engagement and context
- Competent computer skills in MS Word, excel and Power point presentations and proficiency in presentation skills
- Competency in report writing skills
- Attentive to detail with strong analytical and observation skills
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Somali are essential.
- Must be able to travel to Somalia, particularly Gedo region. Preference will be given to applicants that satisfy this criterion.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.