Yara East Africa Ltd is as subsidiary of Yara International ASA , a world’s leading fertilizer company and a provider of environmental solutions. Yara grows knowledge to responsibly feed the world and protect the planet, to fulfill our vision of a collaborative society, a world without hunger and a planet respected. We provide growers with key knowledge and best practices to sustainably improve their crop yields, quality, and profitability.
Yara East Africa has been in operation in Kenya for the past 22 years; importing and distributing fertilizer to farmers. Yara has also developed crop specific fertilizers (YaraMila, YaraBela, YaraLiva and YaraVita) crop programs to supply complete balanced crop nutrition for a wide range of arable, horticultural, grassland, fruit and forage crops as well as offering capacity building programs to farmers.
To drive the ambitious growth plans in kenya, Yara is opening up 2 key positions of Sales Agronomist in 2 key regions of Western Kenya.
Reporting to the Territory Manager, the Succesful candidate is expected to:
- Apply relevant agronomic expertise to increase the pull from customers for Yara’s products and solutions.
- Train Distributors, Agro-Dealers and Partners on Yara crop nutrition solutions.
- Manage key demonstration plots and field days together with Distributors and Partners in order to promote the portfolio range.
- Follow up Distributors sales performance, and drive attainment of the set annual sales targets per product.
- Collection of debts from customers.
- Implement a sales forecast action plan.
- Implement the Marketing and Commercial strategy in the designated region.
- Support Agronomy department in preparation of crop programs to be offered and promoted to Distributors in the area of responsibility for key crops in that region.
University degree in Agronomy or related field.
3- 4 years relevant experience in agronomy and sales
Has a sound working knowledge of the major local crops, cropping practices and crop economics
Has a good working knowledge of the relevant local or regional fertilizer and environmental regulations and legislation.
23rd September 2019