: Kenya-Nairobi-NairobiPrimary Location
:Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
: Operations.Supervisory & TechnicalJob
: Director OperationsOrganization
: Shift JobShift
: RegularEmployee Status
: StandardJob Type
: Team LeaderJob Level
: 17-07-2019, 7:36:18 AMJob Posting
: 31-07-2019, 8:59:00 PMUnposting Date
Customer Service Supervisor.Passenger Services – (19000058)
ROLE PURPOSE STATEMENT:
Ensure and maintain a healthy, Safe, Secure and Cost-effective operation for Kenya Airways and customer airlines operations, in compliance with the relevant industry regulatory and legislative requirements, company procedures, and regulatory authorities.
Deliver a focused, high quality customer service by animating, leading and supervising the customer service’s agent team. Ensure that the passenger handling product is compliant to regulatory requirements, company policies and customer airlines procedures.
- Embrace and maintain a positive safety culture, a healthy and secure working environment in passenger services in compliance with relevant legislative and industry standards.
- Identify and report hazards, near misses, incidents and accident.
- Oversee the provision of efficient, high quality customer service delivery in day to day operations for Kenya Airways and Customer Airlines atall customer touch pointsaccording to the agreed Service Level Agreements and Company Policies in order to delight the customer and improve the overall customer experience at JKIA.
- Consult, communicate and disseminate information as appropriate to passengers, staff and third party service providers in order to eliminate lapses in service delivery resulting from lack of information.
- To maintain a good relationship with other airlines and airport stake holders to facilitate the smooth operations of KQ.
- Ensure smooth and effective transfer of customers at JKIA.
- Implement departure and arrival processes in strict compliance and accordance to the laid down safety and security procedures and in a timely manner in order to guarantee consistency in punctuality (OTP, baggage delivery, Meeting and escorting passengers to/from flights, passenger screening/profiling).
- Adhere to laid down procedures that will enhance accurate flight reconciliation and post departure transmission of messages.
- Maximise revenue through collection of excess baggage charges, change of reservation charges, while maintaining high quality customer service at all touch points.
- Promote costs control awareness amongst the team.
- Conduct quality spot checks to ensure compliance with safety and security procedures, service standards and recommended practices
- Lead, motivate and develop staff while ensuring discipline and grooming standards among Passenger Services Staff are adhered to as per the Corporate Uniform Guide.
- Handle staff administrative issues including appraisals, disciplinary actions, leave plan etc.
- Brief staff and plan the efficient allocation of tasks and resources in liaison with Hub Implementers.
- To ascertain that all systems, equipment and stationery are in working condition and readily available respectively for efficient delivery of passenger handling services in all customer touch points.
- To ascertain efficient procedures and best practices in document verification are implemented in order to minimise risks to the airline without compromising on customer service
- Plan, make decisions and carry through effective remedial actions in service recovery during IRROPS, oversales and connectivity planning.
- Ensure the delivery of third party service providers meets the agreed Service level agreement.
- Champion KQ WAY principals and best practices.
Customer Service Supervisor assigned function of Karibu, Interline/Secondary Tracing services and Travel document shall ensure:
Maximize revenue collection through ticket sales, change of reservation charges and service charges (e.g. UMNR fees) while maintaining high quality customer service at all touch points.
Monitor special services requests are honoured, appropriate service is offered. All departure SSR messages are transmitted correctly and on time.
INTERLINE/ SECONDARY TRACING
- Ensure constant follow up of passenger bags (missing, unclaimed, tag-less, damaged, pilfered, LZ) and files promptly/ timely updated in World Tracer.
- Ensure baggage delivery is done on time. Closed files must have correct and updated elements in order to pursue refunds where necessary (i.e. FS, RL, CS)
- Monitor hotels availability and ensure hotel allocation guidelines for disruptions, STPC or service recovery are adhered to for cost control.
- Generate report
- Hotel vouchers are raised with the appropriate cost centre and nominal.
- Ensure communication is initiated for all missing bags through the call centre and respond promptly to email queries on dedicated delayed baggage email address.Liaise with Insurance department on claims from customers regarding damaged, lost, delayed and pilfered baggage.
- Provide high quality customer service while profiling passengers.
- Ensure all passengers boarded on flights are adequately documented.
- Provide information and assistance to passengers who have been denied boarding due to inadequate documents.
- Provide support on Travel Document expertise support to the rest of the team and across the network.
- During operations liaise with the Foreign Embassy Officials in order to identify improper documents and provide information to passengers who have been denied boarding because they are inadequately documented.
- To maintain a good relationship with customer airlines and airport stake holders to facilitate the smooth operations.
- Alerts customer airlines of new or improved services and gather feedback from them.
- Notes any cases of customer airline dissatisfaction and addresses or reports to the appropriate parties for action, and follows up to ensure resolutions and provides feedback to the customer airline.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction through 3rd party tracking audits.
- Monitors and continually improves customer satisfaction with the assigned area.
- Coordinates with other departments in order to obtain quality service and effectively resolves customer airline queries.
- Timely preparation of reports for management planning and control purposes.
- Liaise and plan for training for the various DCS systems for customer airlines and coordinate with learning & development for implementation.
- Organize and attend meetings with customer airlines to review performance of their SLA’s and contribute towards closing the gaps.
- Develop strong relationships with customer airlines to ensure sensitivity to their needs, concerns and emerging requirements. Maintain knowledge of and reports on new developments in the market with regards to the accounts and prospects. Maintain regular contact with customer airlines to ensure maximum satisfaction.
- Customer focused and hospitable.
- Cool, pleasant and approachable personality
- High integrity and influencing skills
- Well groomed
- Team player
- Ability to lead, guide, motivate a team and make decisions
- Excellent communication skills
- Cross-culture sensitivity
- Confident, decisive and proactive
- Ability to work well for long hours under pressure
- Creative and innovative
- Self driven
- Well informed and vast knowledge of current affairs
- Diploma in Customer Service or equivalent hospitality related discipline
- Minimum ‘‘O’ level grade or C plain or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in customer service/guest facing function
- Computer literate
- Excellent knowledge of KQ product
- Good negotiation and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and develop staff
- Revenue and cost sensitive
- Knowledge of Customer Airlines SGHA and SLA implementation an added advantage
- Foreign language, an added advantage
Click below to apply