Human Resource Officer
HUMAN RESOURCES – DAADAB, DAADAB, KENYA – FULL TIME
The HRO is responsible for Employee relations, welfare, HR data and Records. The HRO does all required data entry, updates of HR files and prepares the required documentation for managers and employees. This position has the full responsibility for the updates and changes of all data, which are inputted in Human Resources whilst ensuring that all staff in the society have been appropriately oriented and settled in.
Scope of the role
- Internal Advisor, technical expert, partner on Human Resources Issues
- Interpretation and enforcement of Human Capital Policies & employment regulations
- A member of the management team of the internal client.
- Support discussions and transfer best practices from different functions in the organization.
- Provides leadership in the people management and employee relations Issues
- Ensure employee welfare is managed appropriately
- Ensure all HR records are up-to-date including personal data, absenteeism and leave management
- Develop innovative welfare programmes and ensure all staff welfare issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement Health and Safety programmes.
- Support the annual performance management processes in alignment with Society practices and ensure all staff have up-to-date Job descriptions
- Support Management on standard talent management process and ensure development and implementation of training and Performance Management.
- Keep HR Processes in full compliance with the legal, regulatory and internal frameworks
- Ensure Discipline and Grievance handling processes are managed appropriately
- Provide HR reports and analysis for management decision
- Bachelor’s degree in any field – Human Resources discipline preferred
- Post graduate diploma in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution
- 3 years’ experience as a HR generalist, management or business partner role
- Solid expertise in HR technical proficiencies and core HR competencies with experience in coaching, employee development and driving process improvements and conducting Job Evaluations
- Employee relations, change management and team development experience
- Certified with IHRM or a Professional HR Body
- Current HR Practice Licence
- Proficiency in ICT
- Ability to apply intensive knowledge of specific HR technical areas
- Good knowledge of the work of the Red Cross in Kenya
- Good Knowledge of programmes and Projects in the refugee operations with the ability to diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to Influence and interface with senior members of the business/Society
- Good Knowledge of employment laws in Kenya
- A strong sense of business ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers
so as to reach us not later than Friday, 30th August 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.
Click below to apply