Organization Name: M-shamba
Job Title: Key Accounts Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Accounting
M-shamba is a leading disruptive agricultural technology provider that works directly with smallholder farmers in supporting production processes and market access while strictly adhering to the requisite food safety standards. With a network of over 78,000 farmers across Kenya, we are the most reliable provider of fresh produce to both local and international off-takers. We are seeking a dynamic and confident Key Account Manager with extensive experience in Fresh produce or FMCG to service our local and international customers and ensure our service levels exceed our customers’ expectations. The role reports directly to Senior Manager, Key Accounts and is integral to the strategic achievement of the organizations objectives.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Maintain regular contact with specific customers locally and internationally and troubleshoot in areas if required
- Excellent customer relationship management and development of new/extended sales channels
- Provide marketing/sales/product information to existing/potential customers
- Identify and target business development opportunities in local and export markets. Visit existing/potential customers to make presentations to maintain, enhance or gain business
- To undertake all Hygiene, Quality and Environmental responsibilities to ensure that company standards on food safety are met and surpassed
- Implement and support M-shamba’s business strategy in commodity production and market access for smallholder farmers
- Contribute to business improvement initiatives with all stakeholders to ensure products are delivered in full, on time and in specification to meet our customer expectations with a focus on delivering value to the smallholder farmers.
- Experience in either supply and/or sales in the agricultural or horticulture industry, will be highly regarded
- The role ideally requires a Fresh Produce or FMCG professional with 2-5+ years’ experience from sales, business development, and agronomy or account management.
- Experience in dealing with the Fresh Produce Export Market and Smallholder Farmers with demonstrated success in relationship building and growing an FMCG type category in the fresh food industry will be highly regarded. It is favorable that the candidate will have food safety certifications knowledge, farms audit and commodity export experience.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills are essential. You will enjoy working with a peer group that is passionate about what they do within a successful culture. It would be expected that the successful applicant will have a tertiary qualifications with a marketing/business/commerce/ horticulture or similar focus.
- This is a very hands-on role working within a highly motivated and busy Team. Enthusiasm with a positive pro-active attitude with proven problem solving skills is a must as well as being able to demonstrate strong initiative with the willingness to further develop your career in account management within the business.
- Experience in customer-facing sales skills will be essential
- Knowledge on digital agriculture technologies is an added advantage.
Applications must include a cover letter and a resume including relevant experience with 2 contactable references. Indicate current and expected remuneration. Send to email@example.com before CoB 31st January, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
M-shamba is an equal opportunity employer.