Accountant Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting the Finance Officer in the daily management of the financial and accounting services e.g preparation and verification of vouchers, data entry and routine accounting work.
- Assisting the Board to develop sound financial and accounting policies in line with Public Financial Management Act,2012
- Developing, executing financial and accounting management and control systems in line with the Public Finance Management Act,2012
- Issuing financial management instructions and maintaining effective internal control systems
- Coordinating the budget formulation, preparation, execution, accounting and preparing; any other duties that may assigned from time to time
Requirements for the Accountant Job
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Be a holder of at least a pass in part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) with three (3) years’ experience in the public/private service
- Must demonstrate a high level of confidentiality
- Must be computer literate and able to demonstrate high level of professionalism
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
How to Apply
The candidate should apply attaching the photocopies of the following documents:
National Identity Card
Academic, Professional Certificates and Testimonials
Clearance Certificates from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Criminal Investigation Department (CID), Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
A letter from the area Chief and any other relevant supporting documents.
All Applications should be sent to the undersigned or hand delivered to our offices at Okore Road, Milimani (Former Municipal Education Office) on or before 24th February 2017at 4.00 pm.
THE SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD P.O.BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
For professional CV writing and cover letter services to boost your applications, click here