Procurement Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and coordinating supplies management services
- Enforcing Government procurement regulations, systems and procedures
- Preparing supplies estimates of expenditure and control of vote
- Procuring stores items and setting up an effective procurement management system
- Preparation of Board Annual Procurement Plan
- Preparing procurement policy, review and updating of existing regulations, supplies management instruction, inspection e.t.c
- Responsible for the day to day management of the entire supply chain department
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time
Requirements for the Procurement Job
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Be a holder of Bachelor’s degree in Procurement/ Supplies with three (3) years’ experience in the public/private service
- Membership of relevant professional body
- Must have initiative and drive to initiate and oversight Board procurement programs
- Must demonstrate a high level of confidentiality
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be computer literate and able to demonstrate high level of professionalism
- Must be of a pleasant disposition with high interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the values and principles outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
How to Apply
The candidate should apply attaching the photocopies of the following documents:
National Identity Card
Academic, Professional Certificates and Testimonials
Clearance Certificates from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Criminal Investigation Department (CID), Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
A letter from the area Chief and any other relevant supporting documents.
All Applications should be sent to the undersigned or hand delivered to our offices at Okore Road, Milimani (Former Municipal Education Office) on or before 24th February 2017at 4.00 pm.
THE SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD P.O.BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
For professional CV writing and cover letter services to boost your application, click here