Organization Name:Oasis Healthcare
Job Title:Laboratory Technologist
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Lab Technology
- Laboratory Technician/ Laboratory Technologist (3 Positions)General Description
- Reporting to the Hospital Administrator, the successful candidate will help in running the
laboratory on a daily basis.Duties and Responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Collect blood samples from patients.
- Practice proper patient identification, especially when working on hospital floors.
- Label vials with patient names and dates.
- Decipher the best method for drawing blood depending on the specific patient.
- Centrifuge blood samples, depending on if this is allowed in the state you are working in.
- Expect to work with a large number of patients varying in age and health status.
- Machines: it is the responsibility of the Lab Tech to run Quality control for all machines and
reagents before any tests have been done to ensure validity and correctness of results.
- It is the responsibility of the Lab Tech to ensure confidentiality of all patients’ results at all times. The responsible lab tech will be held liable in cases of patients test results leaked to
third parties.Job Requirements
- A degree/diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Registration and Licensed by K.M.L.T.T.B
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data critically.
- Ability to prepare and keep budgets.
- MUST be Computer literate.How to Apply
- For more information and job application details, see; Oasis Healthcare Laboratory Technologist Jobs in Kenya