Organization Name: WaterFund
Job Title: Legal Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Legal
- The position is responsible for providing information on Board best practices and providing secretariat services to the Board of Trustees.
- The position also provides legal services to both the Board and Management.
- This is the entry grade for degree holders into this cadre.
The duties and responsibilities are to assist in:
- Interpreting legal cases;
- Advising the Fund on all legal requirements and prosecution procedures;
- Issuing instructions to agreement and contract defaulters;
- Developing and implementing legal agreements and contracts in liaison with relevant departments, divisions and units;
- Ensuring compliance with legal framework, agreements and contracts; and
- Preparing legal opinions on legal cases.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelor of Law (LL.B) degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Valid Practicing Certificate;
- Good communication skills;
- Proficiency in Computer Applications, and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
- The successful candidate for the above position will be engaged for a period of three (3) years on contract terms with a possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance.
How to Apply
- Interested and suitably qualified candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit their applications by email with the subject line indicating the job title.
- Your application should include a cover letter demonstrating why you are the best-suited candidate, detailed CV, copies of your academic and professional certificates (not transcripts or merit certificates), copy of National ID and copies of professional membership(s) certificates.
- The application should also include details of telephone contacts, email address, current position, the position of your immediate supervisor,
current and expected gross salary plus names and contacts of three (3) professional referees and addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer,
Water Sector Trust Fund,
1st Floor, CIC Plaza, Upper Hill, Mara Road,
P. O. Box 49699-00100,
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To be received not later than close of business of Wednesday 18th November, 2020
- Water Sector Trust Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
- Women, Youth, Persons with Disabilities and other marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. (The Fund is rated position seven as per PSC evaluation on Values and Principles 2017 in SAGAS category country wide.)
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please note that any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Interested and suitably qualified candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
- Candidates who meet the requirements should submit their applications to the address specified in the job description before close of business Friday 20th November 2020.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
- WaterFund is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Youth, Persons with Disabilities and other marginalised groups are encouraged to apply. (WaterFund was rated position seven as per Public Service Commission’s evaluation on Values and Principles 2017 in Semi-Autonomous Government Agencies category country wide.)